Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
W

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Oct 24, 2020 1:00 AM

Cancelling

Are you kidding me, ATT? I called a few days ago to cancel our service because my husband, the primary watcher, had died. Today I got an email with the subject "Jeffry, we heard you during our call. Let's talk." They want us to sign up again. ATT, I don't think you did hear me during our call. Jeffry has died! Holy (Edited per community guidelines), this is absurd.

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

24K Messages

a month ago

Most likely an automated message prompted by a closed account. Very doubtful that email was created personally by someone.

As long as the cancellation processes and your next statement produced after that call reflects as such, then you can just ignore the email and move on. Nothing we can do about it as this is a public forum of other customers not AT&T's marketing department.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

25 days ago

Just to be clear, the man has died. So maybe the auto-generated messages need to be more carefully curated, is my point.

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

24K Messages

25 days ago

Automated messages having better settings is certainly a good point. However as this is a public forum of other customers nothing can be done about it. That is something on the backend marketing for AT&T that we as customers do not have access to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.3K Messages

24 days ago

@wifeofjeffry  I'm sorry for your loss but bear in mind that this will not be the last of more uncomfortable situations.

I lost my husband of 45 years in 2017 and for a very long time, I continued to get phone calls (solicitors) asking for him and still get mail for him.

As @Juniper said, it's nothing personal.

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Get started...

Ask a new question