Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 19, 2016 1:12 AM

can I cancel nfl Sunday ticket here

I would like to cancel my nfl Sunday ticket, can I do that here

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

5 years ago

No.  You need to call DirecTV (1-800-DIRECTV).  Be prepared for some pressure to keep NFL Sunday Ticket. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

You need to call/chat with DTV as we don't have access to any accounts.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Total bull that they make you call so they can pressure sell you something you didn't order and don't want. I am going to complain to the BBB about it and will continue to complain on this and other forums. It is a very poor business practice trying to get money out of your customers for packages you don't want and don't need. Very tricky and underhanded. I am tempted to drop the service anyway after this. 

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

@DonGarrett it seems you got NFL Sunday Ticket as part of the new customer promo, which auto renews every year unless you otherwise call in to cancel.  It seems you had a year to cancel but waited until the last minute to cancel.

• 

5 Messages

Chill out on the cancellation I think everyone is getting it free this year, just hold off for now

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

@ricya1 according to DIRECTV policy you can't cancel after the season has started.  So it may be a little too late to cancel

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Yeah typical crap. Create a marketing scheme to trick your customers into buying something they don't want then blame the customer. Great job. Why not just let the customer buy what he wants. Too simple for you. Fan boys to the rescue again.
peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

@DonGarrett no one is forcing to buy anything.  However there rules and regs to follow. You had an entire year to cancel but blame you mistake on someone else.  

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

For those who do not have a DirecTV account but have streaming access to NFL Sunday Ticket, sign on to the app, go to your account details, and change auto-renewal to NO. Only took me a month or two to figure that out, but it works.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I tried calling but got nowhere because whoever answered didn't know anything about the streaming service for those who don't have DirecTV. I finally opened the app on my phone, signed in, went to account detail, and changed auto-renew from YES to NO. Got an email from NFLSUNDAYTICKET.tv confirming the cancellation.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.9K Messages

3 years ago

If you have NFL Sunday Ticket through Directv, then you call Directv to request to opt out of the renewal before the start of the football season (traditionally 2nd Sunday in September). Like most companies, agents are required to upsell their products and services, which in this case is to keep the NFL Sunday Ticket affordable. If you don't want it, you politely decline whatever offer they might give you and still have it removed. The NFL Sunday Ticket will show a no charge renewal notice on the bill with the upcoming cost (June or July bill depending on your billing dates and the following bill will have the 1st installment. This way you have a renewal notice and at least one charge on bill before the start of the season, in addition to the email reminder, giving you plenty of time to opt out unless you are blind to your bills and their amounts.

If you have a sport subscription but not through Directv, like the streaming only service I have seen mentioned here, then of course you don't call Directv on how to opt out. You contact the service provider you got it from

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Use online Chat ONLY to make ANY CHANGES! The company is dishonest and does not follow through on phone requests. I have called 3-4 times for various reasons, the last on 10/11/18 to cancel my free trial of premium channels. The premium channels were supposed to be cancelled that day, but my bill for 10/21 to 11/20 had a $54.00 charge for premium channels. They only refunded part of it even though it was previously cancelled. A HUGE RIP-OFF!!! DIRECTV HAS THE POOREST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. 

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Don’t call!! Use online Chat so you have a written record if your request or you will get screwed. They did not follow through on my phone request and ended up charging me for programming I cancelled by phone. DIRECTV IS A RIP-OFF!

tgreaves

Former Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 years ago

i was a DTV customer for years prior to working for them. I never had issues cancelling services or changing things. I don't understand why people have some many issues these days. 

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Since AT&T bought DIRECTV service has been awful. I too thought service was good a few years ago. Now I can’t wait to change to streaming service as soon as I can without penalty.

Get started...

Ask a new question