Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
Budhops's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Sep 22, 2016 4:20 AM

Bundle package was a lie

Received a bill that was a bogus long distance charge started it all.. When called to find out about long distance company to figure out why I would swap from 14. A month charge to a company that charged over 100 they credit the bill.. Then pushed the bundle package when I finally agreed the operator for at &t kept clicking away on keyboard while I held my credit card for 45 mins and I'm waiting.. I run a business told her to forget it.. For 3 days persistently kept calling back finally I said OK how long will this take after another hour the deal was set.. I was Suppose to get 300 ON A REWARD for bundling my directtv phone and internet.. ITHOUGHT I previously under contract with dish and owed 400 to come from contract.. Lady at at&t. Said well at least the reward would give something back to me I THOUGHT! SO I agreed to go on through..in may the 24.00 was taken from card direct tv came out in 2 days put dish up to connect tv..3 months receiving bills separate into this and NO REWARD INFO.. But 2 months into the sitaution contacted at&t wondering why I hadn't got my rewards through the mail Yet.. Then I'm told I had Togo onto internet to claim.. Then I was furious.. NUMBER 1 AT&T FOUND NO SUCH BUNDLE DEAL WAS DONE.. I refused to pay direct tv bill because it was higher than it was said to be ..it was not bundled and cheaper with phone.. Reward was told it was not bundled and all I was receiving was 100 which by the time I was explained on how to collect reward was expired already!at&t said at the beginning I'd receive something in the mail. never did to explain .Then to top it off spent 4 to 5 hrs on phone. Constantly asking why was I told it was bundled and now nooo showing and if I didn't have bundled then..Who sent direct tv out? It was a constant argument for hrs.. They patched me through to directtv and the lady there said I'm sorry it doesn't show any bundling.. Well lady if I didn't bundle it why was I told I had a 100 on expired reward but now it's not bundled.then topped it off sent me right back to the same customer service Rep to argu about the same thing the direct tv lady said.. After paying 400 to get out of dish in hopes my bill was going to be cheaper which is escalated three times the amount.. I refused to pay direct tv till I had answers.. Still I have none.. I don't even have tv on anymore.. When I have called to straighten mess out I kept getting same non speaking English person and was tricked several times and told to hold on while they checked something and either hung up or redirected me to someone else that had nothing to do with situation.. I am furious I have spent 900 total in direct tv and dish bill.. And no one from at&t will make this right! U should never tell we can offer something cheaper Nd send someone to my house and call a bundle package and receive not one bill even 3 to 4 months later together as what bundled means and a customer find it was never to be found on computer as bundled but the reward was there but expired and no where close to what it was suppose to have been but still we don't show it bundled? I feel like I have gotten NoWHERE TO STRAIGHTEN MY BILL OUT.. I can't make any sense from AT&t on why they lied about how and what they setup.. To make it worse I'm not the only one that got a bogus long distance charge and got setup on this same bundled bull crap.. My own brother skip ***** was done the same exact way and has got the same run around about he's cellphone and bill and reward.. It was major entrapment to put a bogus long distance company for us to call in and get trapped on this setup to find us spending more money out.. He has had his cell phone amount to rise higher and he was with dish and talked into swapping and he's bill on dorecttv is higher.. We are both furious and tired of getting nowhere when we try to call.. If u ha e answers to why I was lied to please feel free to call bud *****.If I'm suppose to be bundled like I was promised it should've come in one bill and not lied about over and over someone sent u to my house and if you are all together everything should be on the same computer screen.. I am not a happy person and feel like if this matter is t resolved in seeking a attorney on the fact of how much money I've blower and the bogus long distance to set me up for a sell point on bundled and to find it was just that a major setup to rob me of my hard working money

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Responses

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

You need to call DIRECTV at 1-800-531-5000 or you may want to reach out @ATTDIRECTVCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Me too. I saw a flyer/mailer that was mailed to my home. I called the number on flyerand  Jonathon told me that I could get Bundle for 2 yrs for 89.99 plus 1 year NFL ticket and $150 visa gift card. He said they were moving Uverse customers away from Uverse into Direct TV as they were bought by ATT. He said I would have more channels then U300. After installation I did not have some channels such as Fox Detroit sports (local sports) and the GAC channel. And they charged my  CC 192.00 without autherization I only autherized a initial 19.99. I spoke to a VInay at the retention dept and she said she would make good on Jonathons deal and gave me the bundle for 89.99 for two years and threw in local sports and Gac channel and bundled. When I got bill I relized they never bundled nor did they cancel Uverse even though I mailed the equiptment back 10 days prior. My ATT was rude after waitng to speak with her and others and being disconnectd several times. Finally today I spoke with a Junior in the retention deptment who got my bill down to 120 a month but not the 89.99, I have been a customer of ATT since 1976, never late on a payment. Today I was on the phone another 3 hours hung up on over 6 times before i got to Junior. At one point they sent me to new set up when I was supposed to be sent to combined billing department. Junior did try to make it right with me today but still not satisfied. I am def going to shop around. I feel i was mislead for the start. What a nightmare! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

yeah they burned me too.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Ok well AT&T are nothing but a bunch of crooks. I called to cancel service all together because I was tired of being over charged and tired of hearing . I was told my bill was so high because I kept going over my internet data with the DSL (my unlimited data ) I was talked into staying I had spoke to a sup and she said I should not have been over charged and said she was going to credit the overcharges of over $300.  If I stayed on as a customer, the bundle would include Uverse (Direct TV) the home phone, and internet. All for $65 dollars a month. We would get the paid HBO's for free for 3 mo. I would also receive THREE $100 visa rewards cards, One hundred dollars for each of the services direct,home ph, and internet that were being bundled.  I kept putting off the installment of the Uverse I felt really suspicious, knowing their past gouging of the bills. Finally after like the 4th time AT&T calling to reschedule the installment I finally ok'd the guy to come out. Never showed up in the window that was promised. They guy was here for maybe 10 min. n that was only to plug in a new box, n all the things that need to be plugged in. (I could have done it myself) he did nothing outside at the box (which i told he needed to) Well when I got the first bill it was like $300 n some dollars. Then my service was turned off for none payment like the same day. I KNEW IT....these mother f'rs are doing it again. I had no choice but to pay it because my nephew who was born with a terminally ill disease was having his meds administered thru wifi (morphine)... (It was extremely hard enough to administer the 17 meds he was on, I was afraid to over or under administer the morphine so we had it timed and measured thru wifi. So I paid it as p*ssed off as I was I didn't even want to deal with these a$#holes so I just paid it and went on with my busy daily routine. The next month it wasn't as high but more then the $65 I was quoted. I just paid it, went on with my day. The next month the bill sky rocketed back up to over $300....oh by this time I was furious..... I called and spoke to 13 different people, for over FOUR hours. Was also inquiring why I never receiveded my Three $100 dollar visa rewards cards. Finally I got a supervisor who was astonished and embarrassed by how long and how I had been treated. She looked over all the notes finally after quite a while after herself and another supervisor figured it out, she comes back n tells me I should never have been billed, $50 reconnect fee's 3 times, because it should never have been disconnected, also that it was too late for two of the rewards cards but she was going to put them towards the bill and the other remaining $50 towards the next months bill and all I would have to pay was the balance from the $65 quoted monthly bundle charge. Which was $15 dollars. but... she was able to send out one of the $100 rewards visa cards. ok.... I didn't realize at the time that the three $50 re connection charges that came out to $150 she was crediting were being paid from MY rewards money. Anyways, I did get the one card of $100. So..... when I would log on to pay my bill that $300 and some dollars is still showing on my bill as delinquent and still owing. Ok..... here is the kicker, Not only did I pay that with most of my reward money, IT HAS NOW GONE INTO COLLECTIONS......Now THAT!  is what REALLY BLOWS ME AWAY!!!!!! This has been since April of last year and to this day EVERY SINGLE MONTH my bill goes up to the $300's I call I get "Oh I'm so sorry you are having this problem I will credit you what you have been over charged, and I assure you this will never happen again. EVERY MONTH  I sh&t you not.... I have to call these un professional scum bags, and EVERY month I get the same thing. The only thing that has changed is, it's gone up from $65 to $77....don't know how that dollar amount came about, oh I am getting the $65 that I was quoted (believe me I made sure that $65 was repeated to me, that it was the bottom line, out the door, no other hidden charges will come up quote) the balance is the tax's and fee's which now come out to $77.  Yet again this last Feb when I paid the bill OVER THE PHONE because of my usual calling to fix the bill every month, AND to have my service turned back on because the due date suddenly keeps changing???? WHAT IS THAT ONE ABOUT??  I said THAT'S IT $77 dollars no remaining balance, "No" she replies, How much is it again It is $77 dollars mam, Let me go over what we have done for you today mam, I credited you the $200 dollars overage and I also credited the $50 re connection fee. All your bill for today to restore service will be $77...What was that again, Oh by the way I am going to start recording the end of this conversation, yes that's ok mam, Ok what is the TOTAL AMOUNT I have to pay today to have my service restored, $77 dollars mam, ok can you repeat that, did you say $77? Yes mam, ok so that is also my monthly bundle charge for the three services. Yes mam, ok that $77 dollars includes the "tax's" and "fee's???" yes mam, and my balance is ZERO? yes mam, ok there is NO REMAINING BALANCE, no mam. ok so I paid it.  Not two seconds later, I get back online to make sure there is NO BALANCE, whatta you know $58 dollar balance needs to be paid asap!!!  God give me the strength not to slice my wrists now!.... A few days later my service gets turned off for non payment of $58.   Those ba&tards, I freakin pay it to get service back on AGAIN..... My bill for the next month is what?... did you ask?

Yep over $300 dollars. WHEN IS THIS GOING TO STOP???   Seriously I freakin dread the time in the month when I have to call AT&T to have my bill fixed.  Usually it's between the 9th and the 16th, not a specific date just usually when I have to reconnect service.  I am in such "amazement" on how this one company has treated us. We have been customer's since 1974.  Why not go with someone else you ask......NO ONE ELSE SERVICES MY AREA!....... So frustrated every month for over a year with AT&T, back to smoking cigs? Yep!, a whole pack when I'm dealing with AT&T on the phone. (just kidding) Everyday when I wake up I'm like is the mutha f%cken service turned off? I do not know how much longer I can deal with this. It has gotten me so stressed and on edge, and the migraine's are no joke. EVERY SINGE MONTH FOR A YEAR. in April it'll be a year. I have got so many things on my plate, I have decided to grab a minute and voice my horrific dealings with AT&T. and the "oh I'm so sorry you are having this problem, Let me take care of this for you, and I assure you this will not happen again" Now I just say stop with the lies, issue me my credit, and let me get back to what's important. I NEED TO FINALLY FILE A FORMAL COMPLAINT,  my nephew has since passed away, so my time is free'd up a little, (I still have my 87 yr old parent with dementia to take care of 24 hrs a day) But something has got to stop this wrenching, god afwul company before I get so stressed from this I get sick.{edited for word filter evasion}, I'd rather stick toothpicks under my finger nails. That wouldn't be nearly as bad as the torture they have put me through.  

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25.6K Messages

4 years ago

@HadEnuf

"the bundle would include Uverse (Direct TV) the home phone, and internet."

Uverse, Directv, and DirectvNOW are 3 separate tv platforms under the AT&T umbrella. Directv and Uverse are not the same thing. Just a clarification while you are getting this looked into.

To resolve you will either need to call Directv 1-800-531-5000 or send a private message to @ATTDIRECTVCare as this is a public user to user forum so no account access here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you, I appreciate the information. I was under the impression that  U verse and Direct TV. are one in the same. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25.6K Messages

4 years ago

@HadEnuf

Glad to help. Uverse TV is their Internet TV that AT&T had long before the merger, like their voice and internet service use. At least the voice and internet are being re-branded. Directv is by satellite, and DirectvNOW is a streaming only service that launched just a few months ago. Long term is unknown if they will remaining separate or if there will be any integration between the three services.

I heavily agree while the concept of AT&T and Directv coming together has a lot of potential, information-wise the two sides are not working well together. And I think there are some agents in the midst taking advantage of that fact. I hope that you get your issue solved and that the merger from last year settles down this year because we as customers (and I'm sure most of their agents, the good ones) can only take so much more of this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question