Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
G

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 10:34 PM

Billing is not correct

I am supposed to be billed $63.99 each and EVERY month, yet it seems that Directv is not capable of doing that. Once again, on my July bill I was billed $73.99. I only paid the $63.99 amount, so of course the August bill shows a previous balance due of $10.00, plus this months bill for $63.99. PLEASE get that $10.00 amount OFF of my account!

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

22.9K Messages

2 months ago

Paying less than what your bill says does not help you. Late fees, service interruption, non-pay cancellation, collections, etc. are the path that takes.

This is a public forum of other customers so you must call DirecTV to discuss your bill. Keep in mind that there is never a guaranteed total cost. Be aware of how much in discounts you are receiving and for how long. And if there is any price adjustment of services, discounts are not adjusted to match.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

2 months ago

Why do you think you're supposed to pay $10.00 less every month?

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

22.9K Messages

2 months ago

Also if a new monthly discount was given, it doesn't backdate. So you still have to pay the bill as shown.

I would check if it shows a $10 monthly discount (for so many months, they are not permanent), or if it was a one-time credit of $10 to be sure.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Well I am "due" the $10 because we made a deal in June for a 12 month period at a price pf $63.99 per month!  They billed me correctly one month, but then went up again. Seriously, they can't get two month straight billed correctly.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

22.9K Messages

2 months ago

I suspect you didn't get a new monthly discount of $10 (since discounts were pulled back), but agent gave a one-time credit of $10 to move the call along.

Check the bill that has the additional $10 savings. Does it show $10 off for 12 (1 of 12) or similar verbiage? If not, then it was just a one-time credit, not ongoing cost. And there is no guarantee of $63.99 every month as rates are subject to change, though usually that only occurs in January when the price adjustments go into affect.

Get started...

Ask a new question