Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

1 Message

Wed, Jan 15, 2020 7:21 PM

Been Directv Customer since 1998 and was offered the 59.99 package price lock so long as I kept my directv service, now att won't uphold it

I spoke with someone Dec. 24 2018 because I noticed my package price had increased significantly. I am permanently disabled and have one check per month. I have had Directv since 1998, and the locked package price was grandfathered into my contract with them. Now, I am being told by ATT that they do not have to uphold that price "because they're trying to run a business" although the woman I spoke with in Dec of 18 assured me that since that package was now 99.99, she would give me a 12 month promotional discount of 40$ to uphold the package price of 59.99, although she did say that I would have to call near the end of that promotion in order to get another added when that one ended, but stated that I would have NO PROBLEM getting that done since she could see my package price has always been that 59.99.

NOW ATT is telling me they do not have to uphold said contracts/agreements and I do not know what to do because I keep being told different things.

Responses

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

8.8K Messages

1 month ago

directv does not offer a lifetime price lock

i know of no company that does

thier costs increase, and they pass it along

no one is ever garunteed a promotion

the CEO of directv has indicated they want to end promtions, and let customers always requesting them leave

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

DirecTV does not have a price lock guarantee of any kind. Whenever you make a change or accept a promotion, check the order confirmation and the following bill to verify what was done.

For a short time CenturyLink offered a price for life (before tax) when they were doing a huge update to their service in some areas, which was offered to both new and existing customers. But that is the only total base cost guarantee that I recall.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

61 Messages

1 month ago

Sorry to hear that, but it does not surprise me. I was told the exact same thing and when I called back near the end of the promotion I was told that there was nothing they could do for a year because I had a $10 per month discount that would last a year. Mine went from $60 per month to $160 per month. Of course, I canceled! It was the last straw with AT&T. After many years of progressively worsening customer service, I am switching everything to another provider!