Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 28, 2020 7:46 PM

bbundleundle

why is it that when i got my direct tv installed they told me i could bundle together my hughes net with direct tv so i called them and they said it cant be done

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

3 weeks ago

Hughesnet has been a bundle partner of DirecTV. The way that works is that you order the internet provide through DirecTV, which gives you a bundle discount on top of your intro offer.

DirecTV would need to check what internet partners are available for your address, which when checking to see what exact options are available with the listed providers does include a credit check as they are another company.

If you already have Hughesnet, then you cannot get the bundle discount as you already have them so cannot qualify for the additional intro special of course. It is an incentive for choosing to go with one of their partners.

As a side note, make sure to not connect your DirecTV equipment to your Hughesnet. This is because the On Demand initial download and background maintenance would probably eat through your data allowance. Only connect DirecTV to home internet that doesn't have data limits.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.