Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
MKUTTI

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Mon, Sep 12, 2016 5:30 AM

ATT Service

I was a satisfied ATT wireless company for years.

I was convinced by an ATT sales representative to switch to Direct-TV. The system broke after installation (ERR 375). I was told that it requires a visit by a technician. The first available appointment is 5 days from now by an arrogant and condescending supervisor. If this is how Direct-TV treat new customers, I can imagine what happened to long-timers.

Now guess what. The same representative also convinced to switch to ATT Digital Life. They had a major system interruption today, which disabled all safety features including manual alarm set up. And they call themselves a security company.

Just in case AT&T CEO is listening – Sir!, you got a major problem with your company.

Responses

Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

124K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @MKUTTI,

Sorry to read of your experience. We wanted to confirm the error code you are seeing. Is it 375 or 775? If it is 775, this article may help. 

In regards to Digital Life, our teams we get this resolved as quickly as possible We understand how important it is you. 

If the DIRECTV article we sent does not work, let us know. 

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
MKUTTI

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

You are right, my mistake. The error code is 775

Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

124K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @MKUTTI,

No worries. Did the link help at all by chance? Also, you can check for a sooner appointment here

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
MKUTTI

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

The link did not help. I was given the link before. I went through the entire process with your on-line technical support rep.
There is no early appointment. I am checking every day. It is outrageous that we need to wait 6 days to get our newly installed service back up. I missed the first week of the NFL, news and other favorite programs. I bet that new installations are done within a day or two after the order. I was a satisfied ATT wireless customer for years. I was conned to order additional services by the ATT store sales person. Both have gone bust. I already cancelled the security deal. How many days do I have to cancel Direct TV.?

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.2K Messages

4 years ago

DTV sends techs to disaster areas to get their systems back ASAP with leaves fewer techs for regular calls.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

124K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @MKUTTI,

We would hate to lose you! We can look into this and see if we can get you something sooner. We sent a private message via the community forums. Click here to reply back.

-ATTU-verseCare

MKUTTI

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

If you do not have sufficient number of technicians to help customers when
their system breaks down a week after it has been installed, you might as
well get out of business.

Six days wait days is unacceptable. Your competitors are much more
responsible.

Also, you can't not advertise that you have an excellent technical support
service because you do not.