Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Mon, Jun 5, 2017 3:47 PM

AT&T salesman lied!

On May 10, 2017, Two men selling Direct TV knocked on  my door and told me if I would switch from Uverse TV to  Direct TV, there would be no installation charge, my Computer speed would be upgraded from  24mps to 50mps at the 24 price forever. Not a promotion but forever. Also emphasized that if did not  like Direct TV, I could switch back to Uverse at anytime at no charge or penalty. When I called and finally talked to someone in the US, they informed me that none of that was true. These promises were the only reason I switched as I was happy with Uverse. After much pleading UVerse did give me the 50 mps as promised but  said I was stuck with the $99 installation fee and I could not switch back to Uverse without a severe penalty.

They left me a business card but will not answer the phone. I have discovered they told others in my neighborhood  basically the same thing. Since they represented AT&T, I am hopeful that you will help me as they just lied. No other way to phrase it, they just  lied!

Responses

Scholar

• 

86 Messages

3 years ago

Remember you can always tell if a salesman is lying.. his lips are moving!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I was naive enough to think that a company like AT&T would stand behind promises made. WRONG! I have discovered that AT&T has a horrible reputation. Times have changed. the world has changed.

lydian

Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

3 years ago

What does any of this have to do with DirecTV NOW?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Because I switched to Direct TV based on lies

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I have give credit where credit is due. I finally talked to someone who cared and was a decision maker. She acknowledged that salesmen in the field do say things that aren't true and they are weeding them out. She gave me everything thing I was promised. It was a battle,  but it  paid off.......so far!  Thank you.

• 

2 Messages

who did you speak to because we had the same thing happen to us but att has not been able to uphold any of the promises made other than firing the employee who’d been lying to potential customers. We’re out close to $800 due to these kind of actions

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

@Jrls01

This thread is from 3 years ago, so the original poster may no longer have that info (or it is no longer current as lots of internal changes since DirecTV acquisition by AT&T).

DirecTV has no store, or door-to-door sales people of their own. Like other companies they can receive orders for new service from 3rd party retailers. Some of these operate kiosks in other stores (like Smart Circle does in places like Costco and Sam's Club).

If the DirecTV order does not match their official confirmation, then you call DirecTV to resolve. If however a 3rd party sales agent makes promises or does anything outside of what shows on the order DirecTV has, then you must resolve through the 3rd party. If needed you can contact DirecTV to get the contact info for the retailer that the individual who placed your order works for.

This is why I deal directly with any company. To many 3rd party dealers either purposely mislead to get their commission, or they are not very knowledgeable about the service as opposed to one that is employed and trained by the company itself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

3 years ago

fyi, those were a third party sales company, not att/directv

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Maybe so, but he had an AT&T badge, wore an AT&T shirt, and had a
business card that read AT&T, and he said he had worked for AT&T 4 years.
mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

3 years ago

maybe, but to my knowledge att/directv do not go door to door

its usually someone like smart circle

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

3 years ago

@mdram4x4 wrote:

maybe, but to my knowledge att/directv do not go door to door

its usually someone like smart circle

@mdram4x4 I don't think that is still the case. I am pretty sure ATT does send employees out to do door to door sales in select markets. I believe they started a little more than a year ago.

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

3 years ago

@sandblaster interesting.  i had not heard that.   so many area have no soliciting laws i cant see where this could be done.  that and people like me dont like door to door salesman. 

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…