Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 3:36 PM

ATT OUTSOURCED CUSTOMER SUPPORT TO PHILIPPINES - CAN'T UNDERSTAND / CAN'T BE UNDERSTOOD

Call AT&T Customer Service 1-800-{Inappropriate content removed} number.  Answered by someone in Philippines.  Lot of noise in the background.  Then the tech can't understand you and you can't understand the tech because of the very thick Philippine accent.   Have to ask to speak to someone in the U.S.   Get a hard time from the Tech telling you a lie - "Et ez nut passebal to tranzfer yuu to uniiteed stass."   1%ers who run ATT give their customers the shaft.

Responses

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

8.8K Messages

2 years ago

it is not possible to choose what call center you get

you get the first available

you can always hang up and try again

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.8K Messages

2 years ago

Chat usually works better. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 months ago

well so sorry for you at&t is moving all his uverse call centers in mexico, el salvador and costa rica to Philipines you were complaining of philipinos well now ENJOY 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

Tried to speak with a customers service rep, spoke broken English but was very limited in understanding English, extremely dissatisfied with AT&T customer service. What in the world are these companies doing with American Customer Service? Do they outsource American worker for Foreign Countries so that the CEO and Stock Holders can sit back and have a good laugh at their Customers expense?????

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 months ago

oh you just wait I heard a rumor from a friend she used to work there that all their call centers will be moved to philippines as the workers there only charge a third part of the salary of an latino / indian worker so because is cheaper at&t will put us with philippinos now you see how much they care for us  customers

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

I called customer service on my DIRECTV account today and was redirected to a customer agent in the Philippines. It was a horrible call  in which she could not comprehend what I was saying even though I was repeating myself .   I asked to speak to a supervisor and she refused to transfer me z.   I felt like I was talking to a 12-year-old .   Correction, I think a 12-year-old would’ve probably understand what I was saying .

I’m fed up with Direct TV and I’m going to change my service now because of this experience .   Good riddance !