Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Feb 17, 2020 3:28 PM

apple tv and activating apps

I am trying to activate the CNN app on my apple tv. When I am given a code and directed to login on another device to my directv account in order to activate, I put in my credentials and it always tells me that I am not a directv customer. I am using the correct user name and pw for my directv account. It also happens with other app on my apple tv, cell phone and roku. Could really use help with this.

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

2 months ago

Sounds like an authorization error somewhere in the chain. Use www.directv.com/refresh and if your box is connected to internet to red button reset as well.

Make sure the provider chosen on the app is DirecTV and not the old "Directv Now" (now called AT&T TV NOW) which is a different service.

Last option would be to reset your DirecTV login. You would need to call DirecTV for that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

So, let me explain the setup a little better. I am trying to access (in this case) the CNNgo APP thru my appletv box. Likewise it happens when I try to access the app on my phone.

I am not utilizing a directv app of any kind nor am I using a directv box.

When I try to access the CNNapp, it requests verification- which leads me to pick my TV provider- directv. then it opens a login page for directv- I enter the proper credentials and I get the message "it looks like you are not a directv customer".

Interesting is that I took my cellphone off my wifi and went thru this whole procedure and the process was identical yet this time it logged in and verified with no problem.

Thoughts?

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…