Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Jun 8, 2016 12:23 AM

$300 in visa gift cards for new service

So far I have only received on $100 gift card.
Do these come in incriminates or all at once?
I was promised $300 when should I be expecting to receive the balance owed to me?

Responses

Community Support

• 

1.1K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @Redrolla03,

We are sorry for your inconvenience. Some rewards require an online or mail-in redemption, some you just have to wait 6 - 8 weeks after activation. You can follow this link to redeem your reward online. If need be, you will also have the ability to chat with an online agent from that link who can verify your redemption option.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I called direct tv last week to decide if we wanted them, dish or charter. Fashma told me I could get a tv package on sale for $50 a month from $90 a month 24 months guaranteed. We would get a $300 prepaid visa if we signed up with them. We did on the spot. A bill came said $50 price is that way 12 months then $90 a month for the following 12. That would be $480 they are trying to fleece us out of we can't afford. Our visa did not come. We called 3x they said we are not eligible for it sorry. So cost $780 more. Told them cancel us then come get it I do not like bait switch thieving stuff. They said $480 due immediately to cancel. Greedy lying insane. jonandkarenschmidt@yahoo.com

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This EXACT same thing happened to me. I was promised $300 in Visa rewards cards to sign up for a $50 a month Directv plan. I got $100, then waited for the rest and never got it. I called to check on the status of it and they said that there never was a $300 visa rewards promotion. I am not exaggerating, in the past month, I have spent over 8 hours and have talked to roughly 20 different people. They wouldn't give me the rewards that I was promised and also wouldn't let me cancel my account without paying over $400. My whole family of 8 have been with AT&T for about 10 years. I was shocked at the lack of integrity they had to promise $300, not honor their promotion and then not let us cancel either. It's craziness.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Re: $300 in Visa gift cards promised by AT&T 

I just finished a 52 minute call with AT&T. The majority of that time was with a Representative from their Loyalty Department. He spoke, understood, and clearly responded as we engaged in conversation via my language of choice (English). Unfortunately, the end result was confirmation of the reason for my initial call, which is the fact that we are currently getting Screwed by AT&T. Not only was the Representative trying to tell me that he has NEVER HEARD of any Visa gift card promos in 2017 and they didn't exist, he also tells me that in addition to the $300 in gift cards we'll have to resubmit and re-enroll in the corporate discount program since he did not see anything attached to my account regarding the 16% monthly discount initiated by the AT&T store where the phones were activated. The store asked me to bring in credentials for my employment as soon as I could. I went back a few days later with the necessary documentation where I was told "your all set". This was the 1st week of April,  AT&T has 3/28/17 as the start date of service making it worse on them considering they promised 2 gift cards within 6-8 weeks. Plus the monthly disc of 16% for the last 2 going on 3 billing cycles was never applied, and could take another 2 cycles before it is actually applied (4-6 cycles at $230 per with a 16% disc = approx $185) and then treated as if I didn't take time out of my schedule to follow through and bring back my credentials to the store as requested which makes no sense. How does AT&T get away with such FRAUDULENT business practices? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have had same problem.  I have called to talk to someone about this, was on hold for an hour and a half.  Hung up called back for complaint division all got was another number to call and am still sitting in gold so so far been on phone 2 hours mostly on hold.  Lady I spoke to at complaint division informed me it's only a n $100 reward showing.  Told her I had a flyer I used when I called that said $300....beginning to wish I stayed with Dish.  Feel they just lied to lure new customers in.  Now stuck in a 2 year contract.  Still on hold better get results of calling Corporate office.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Just finished up my 2 hour call but did get this resolved.

tgreaves

Former Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 years ago

I work in one of the many DTV call centers. Generally how it works is, the first $200 comes in the form of a email link. this requires activation and redemption upon the installation of the service. This takes between 3-6 weeks for it to arrive.

The bonus $100 card unfortunately is a little harder. these cards have to be manually processed by the team leaders on the floor at the end of the night. unfortunately due to no automatic system sometimes people forget to process these. Until a more automated system is available, human error is the cause for the delay. I personally remind my team leaders daily to make sure my bonus cards get processed.

The other reason the delays happen are due to the sales people offering a bonus $100 to accounts or sales that don't actually qualify. I know everyone would love AT&T/Directv to honor these mistaken sales, however a business could go bankrupt very fast if they did.

Eg. If i sold someone a DTV package and told the customer they would get DTV for free for 1yr on a 2yr contract, a $5000 visa card, free premium channels, etc etc etc. 

Would you expect DTV to honor that deal? Clearly its not correct and i probably lost my job due to it. But say my managers only discovered this at the end of the day. All day i had been selling this package and packages like this offering stuff that doesn't exist or customers don't qualify for. Unfortunately i'm sure these types of things have happened before. So be it $1 or $1,000,000,000 if something was wrong DTV/AT&T won't honor incorrect/ineligible sales.

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 months ago

I haven't rec'd the 300.00 reward card for coming back to DIRECTV, so when shall rec'd the card in mail ???, OH my name is Addie *****, my phone [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] please send the card, thank you so much. OK 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

11 months ago

@AddieRobinson wrote:

I haven't rec'd the 300.00 reward card for coming back to DIRECTV, so when shall rec'd the card in mail ???, OH my name is xxxxx please send the card, thank you so much. OK 

Please read the previous posts in this thread, including the link to the Reward Redemption site.  And you should not post private information in a public forum. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

I waa told the same thing this year and still havent received anything plus my bill supposed to been one price and i get a bill for 821$ for AT&T tv and phone no way this has been the worst experience i have ever had AT&T needa to be stopped.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

i got mine and an extra $100 the first $100 after i paid my bill and 6 weeks of service i had to call and ask them for it then i got another $200 shortly there after then an additional 100 mysteriously appeared in my snail mail. However the 1st one i had to call to get them to send calling the rewards dept. I also had both direct tv and att cell. Then i switched accounts and got the 300 again even though I wasn't offered it. Same thng callng the rewards center.