Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Aug 6, 2016 11:26 PM

Yale door lock bolt won't retract

I have one of the keypad-operated Yale deadbolt locks.  The bolt has started failing to retract all the way.  The codes work on the keypad and the bolt retracts, but it doesn't retract all the way; about a quarter inch is left extended which is enough to prevent the door from opening.  This happens even when testing with the door open, so it's not a result of drag on the door frame.

I can't find any support or manuals for this lock.  Can you provide any assistance in fixing this to properly retract the bolt?

Responses

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @mdcoon

I recommend that a technician troubleshoot the door lock to ensure there is not an actual issue with the door lock itself. Please contact Digital Life Support via chat by clicking here. They will perform some troubleshooting, however with what you've mentioned about your testing while the door is open things should move along quickly.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Was the issue with the bolt not retracting correctly ever ressolved? I'm having the same issue. Thanks!

• 

1 Message

1 month ago

I had the same problem - the bolt not retracting enough to allow the door to open (regardless of whether the door was shut or not). This happened after about 12 months of use. I tracked it down to the fact that the door had slammed on a number of occasions while the bolt had been already extended (and bent the bolt (or pushed it out of alignment)).

I'd like to find a replacement bolt, but Yale don't seem to publish the part numbers which is frustrating. After dismantling the lock and greasing everything, I ended up persuading (with a hammer) the bolt to get back in alignment. This has worked for now.

• 

1 Message

@robholmesnz just read this and I have the same prob. Does the lock have to be Yale or could be it be something else. How did you fix yours?