Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
ChrisMinNC's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Mar 13, 2016 11:53 AM

Will the DigitalLife thermostat work on a dual zone HVAC system?

My hew house has a dual zone system, meaning I have 2 thermostats, one on each floor, but only 1 HVAC system. The one system is controlled and distributes air based on the needs of both thermostats. Will the thermostats offered by AT&T work for my house?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

chanelbomb

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 y مضت

I opted for the thermostats (2) and I have a dual zone system and I would "assume" yours is probably the same.

There is a control board that communicates to the thermostats and the unit, so technically any current thermostat can be used with your system. The control board opens/closes the upstairs dampers or down stair dampers based on your thermostat settings.

I've had the system setup for several months with no issues, you should be ok.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y مضت

If AT&T can find a technician that knows how to install them, I will be grateful. They sent a guy out last weekend who "didn't think" that it would work on a dual zone system. (This guy showed up at 5:15 PM for my 8:00 AM appointment.) I wasted my entire Saturday waiting on that guy to show up and not know how to complete the install. Hopefully the next technician will be better equipped.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y مضت

I have dual units for my home the downstairs unit that has the wall mount provided by digital life I don't think is working. Downstairs is not cooling and the unit outside will not turn on. This seems to have started just after software upgrade. Anyone else having this problem before I call A/C tech out?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y مضت

Mine is also setup as a si gel system with dual zones. I did it myself. Each thermostat is setup as if it is an independent that thermostat. Because there is a control board that tells the HVAC when to turn on and off it doesn't have anything to do with the thermostats. When my Digital Life was installed the installers wouldn't touch my single zone thermostat and had me wire that one in myself.

Employee

• 

2 Messages

6 y مضت

Channel bomb... Did you install your thermostats yourself or did the digital life tech do ?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y مضت

I did it myself. The techs had no clue how to do it.

Employee

• 

2 Messages

6 y مضت

Was there some secret sauce needed to get it to work/installed?

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.