Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thu, Oct 13, 2016 4:53 PM

We want to add an additional outdoor camera. Are there any specials available?

I called ATT Digial Life today and asked for a quote for one an additional outdoor camera.  We have a 2 year contract with one year remaining.  The quote to add one camera was $199.00 which is outragious! The customer service person, said that if I wanted to add another camera, I should of requested this one the day of installation!!  

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

iobunny

Scholar

• 

307 Messages

4 years ago

@Honeybee - You own the equipment, there is no rental for this equipment. Each camera does cost $199 and as you are already installed the $99 is a truck roll fee. I've had this a few times as I bought an extra 2 cameras, touchscreen door lock and sensors. They sometimes have deals where these fees are waived. I'd call and ask whether they can help on the truck roll fee. Good luck and keep enjoying this awesome system!!!

Employee

• 

415 Messages

4 years ago

Once installed new devices will have to be purchased and an install fee is charged as well

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

What are the fee's? Installing fee, camera fee and monthly monitoring.
Thank you.

Employee

• 

415 Messages

4 years ago

its usually a 99.00 dollat install fee, if you already have the camera package the monthly fee will not increase. You can have up to 8 cameras for the same monthly reoccuring charge

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you, so if I've read every thing correctly,
$199. Per camera
$99. To install
Wow that's crazy, and we don't own the equipment, that's a rental fee???
CheleLeigh

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

3 years ago

What if I place the order for the additional camera before my service has been installed? Will I still have additional fees? And will I have to also add the camera package since I ordered the middle package that includes one outdoor camera already?

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.8K Messages

3 years ago

@CheleLeigh With the camera package you can up to 8 cameras. You can contact Customer Support and they can add the additional outdoor camera. It would be an a la cart item, so you would be charged for the camera.

CheleLeigh

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

3 years ago

What if I already placed an order that included 1 camera, do I have to order the other package as well as the one I already have?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

I have 3 of the outdoor "AT&T" 720p cameras that I want to sell since I'm cancelling my service.  They are in perfect working condition.  Let me know if you're interested.  $100 each.

CheleLeigh

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

3 years ago

Why are you cancelling your service @Jamers2015 is there some kind of problem that I need to know before I have digital life installed?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

No problems really.  I've had it for 2 years but it doesn't quite meet my expectation in the video surveilance department.  I really want 1080p cameras.   While AT&T's outdoor camera is technically high definition, it is 720p.  Also, I want much more online storage than AT&T is providing currently.  

I may keep the monitoring part of the service and just lose the camera piece and run a camera system separately.  

CheleLeigh

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

3 years ago

So I can have other outdoor cameras and not use the ones that they have

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.8K Messages

3 years ago

@CheleLeigh Yes, you can use your own stand alone cameras. However, you will not be able to link them to your Digital Life account.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

However you can use the same AT&T Digital Life outdoor cameras with others systems.  Hence the reason why I'm offering my 3 up for sale. 

CheleLeigh

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

3 years ago

@Jamers2015 Boy you were being nice about the outdoor cameras, they are really pixelated and the night time vision is almost non existent. Night time is when the evildoers do whatever they do, and I can not even see my cat well enough to know it’s a cat. Do you know if I were to get other cameras that I could use the same wiring that they used to install these? I DO NOT FEEL any safer with these cameras last year my house was destroyed by arson, I lost everything and the person has never been caught! I want to be ready if Anything like that try’s again! 

Get started...

Ask a new question