We Still Have Great Cyber Week Deals: Check out our $5 and under smartphone deals!
HH12212's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Dec 7, 2015 11:17 PM

Closed

Sensor Falling Off

I have had the ATT Digital Life system for about four months.  Overall, I have been pleased with the system.  However, the sensor on our front door (the main door we use) just fell off.  I called to ask what could be done about this, and the response was that they could send me more double sided tape.  TAPE?  I paid for a professionally installed system (which is the main reason I chose Digital Life) and they put my sensors up with tape?  Obviously, tape is an unacceptable method of installation.  

This sensor fell off when the alarm was disarmed and we were home.  What if we were at work or on vacation?  Then the police will have to come out and we will be concerned that our house has been broken into.  If we are on vacation and this happens, then we have to ask someone to come fix it for us.  No professionally installed system should be using tape to install anything.  Obviously the tape only lasted for four months.  In the next two years, this could happen five or more if I keep using tape.  There needs to be a better solution.  What is it?  I am very disappointed in the response I got and the quality of the installation of the sensors.  I asked if anything else could be done, and the customer service rep told me I can post on here.  Really, what a pathetic response to my problem.

Employee

• 

415 Messages

7 years ago

If you take the sensor cover off and the battery out you will see two small holes that can be used to drill screws to hold it in place. I have had my system since 2012 and the two sided tape has not failed me yet

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.