Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jul 12, 2016 5:30 PM

Security keypad reads that it's on battery backup?

Lost power last night. Power came back on within minutes but my security panel reads:"system running on battery backup"Please let me know how to get my alarm system back on line.

What can be done to correct this problem?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Brand User
ATTDigitalLifeCS

Community Support

• 

5.7K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @james100

It appears your DLC (big white controller box) has lost AC power. If power has not be lost to your entire home, you should check the outlet that powers your DLC. Ensure the outlet has power and plug into another outlet if needed or ensure the breaker has not flipped.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Once power has been restored, how do you get the display to stop showing, "System Operating Battery Backup"?  Is there a clear button somewhere?

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.7K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @JiminVA

The message should clear on its own if the power has been restored.  You may want to check the outlet where the controller is plugged.  Unplug your controller and plug in a different electrical device to ensure power is reaching that outlet.  If it is, plug your controller back in and the message should clear.  

If you need assistance, lease click here to chat with one of our support agents and we will gladly troubleshoot with you. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question