Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sun, Nov 11, 2018 6:05 PM

Reset SR-KPD02

Moved into a new house with  digital life (I think).

I press AWAY and was greeted with sirens. Unplugged siren , keypad and took batteries out of keypad. (SR-KPD02)

System now shows Armed - STAY (With several meesages (back door opened, front door opened, KeyPad tampered, Siren Low battery) 

Used to have  open/close  door beeps  (2 doors) but now nothing.

How do I get to where there is just beeps when either of  the two doors open/close. Like before (unadvisably) arming it

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Brand User
ATTDigitalLifeCS

Community Support

• 

6.1K Messages

2 years ago

@rk312terry  Hello. Unfortunately, the system will not do that now. If you want to clear everything out, the main controller is most likely in a closest somewhere in the home. You would need to unplug that and disconnect the battery and it will clear it all out.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you. I reset the controller, and the messages cleared out ((back door opened, front door opened, KeyPad tampered). But we still dont have the beeps/chirps when the doors open. This is the feature we are interested in restoring .The keypad shows "Armed-STAY"  

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.1K Messages

2 years ago

@rk312terry  Hello. Without the service it will not work to receive the chirps anymore and the keypad will continue to say that unless you keep the controller unplugged without the battery in it.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you, but that may not be the case. The chirps were working fine without any service. We bought the house and for 4-6 weeks prior, the doors would chirp/beep when they were opened.
Will we get the chirps if we keep the controller unplugged and the battery in it.
I recall reading that there is some value to the system even without service. I was thinking the beeps/chirps were it.

Thank you very much. We inherited the system and are trying to use some features. We did have chirps /beeps for a while without having the service. Locally, our ATT store was no help.
Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.1K Messages

2 years ago

@rk312terry  Hello. You would need to try to replace the controller battery and after that if you keep getting keypad messages you would want to try swapping out all of the batteries on the devices that the keypad is stating. Without the system being active, we cannot troubleshoot to find out if something else is going on.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

The correspondence at my end has been to restore the chirping/beeping when the doors open without starting service. It looks like after following all the advice, there are no chirps/beeps, and I have wiped the system clean. That was not my intention, and it seems like an irrelevant "solution" to the problem of not having the beeps/chirps when the doors open.

How can the system be used locally to monitor  opening the doors ?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Received an unlikely solution in the mail. The home already has an ADT system!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have made this same mistake and would desperately like to have the beeps back upon doors opening. Was there ever a solution found to have the system set to beep without starting service?

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.1K Messages

2 years ago

@Tjh0013  Hello. There would need to be service to have the beeps on the doors.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Would having the code from the previous owners of the home allow the system to be used locally?
Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.1K Messages

2 years ago

@Tjh0013  Hello. The only thing it would do is allow the system to arm in the home with no monitoring but would not necessarily do anything for the beeps as it depends how the previous homeowner had it set up and we cannot make changes to an account that is cancelled.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

That’s not true, I disconnected my alarm service a year ago after the contract, it still functions fully, but will not send notification to the att call center any longer.   But the system is still hella loud and a deterrent.  Also, my doors and windows still chirp as they did before upon entry.  So, that is in fact not true, you don’t need to have the service to have chirps.  Also, batteries plus stores sell a replacement battery for $36 when the time comes.  

Get started...

Ask a new question