five4ku's profile

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Mar 3, 2022 2:52 PM

Closed

Remove DLC-100

How can I remove an unused DLC-100 box from the wall? There seems to be a security screw or bolt at the top which I'm unfamiliar with that is keeping the front panel from opening. I've tried unscrewing the security bolt but it seems to be attached to some kind of spring and it won't release the front panel.  Without the panel opening I'm unable to reach the mounting screws keeping this whole thing attached to the wall. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

7 m مضت

Good afternoon,

The screw at the top of your DLC-100 is a six point security screw. You would nee to have that type of security screw bit OR you can try the following:

1. Try a flat-head screwdriver with a tip about 3/16 of an inch.
  2. Apply pressure while turning counter-clockwise
  3. You can continue until the screw is just high enough to continue turning it with your fingers. That should allow you to open the front panel.

Let me know if it works. :-)

• 

4 Messages

7 m مضت

I was able to loosen the screw and it only comes up 1/4 inch and not all the way out. It will freely spin counter-wise now that it's up and I definitely feel like there's a spring connected to it inside.  Now that the screw is up, the panel will only slightly open on the side nearest but it still being held in place somehow. I keep looking for a release button on the other side but I can't find anything.  The unit is on the upper shelf in my close so I'm unable to see all the way around it.  I appreciate your help.  Any other ideas?

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.9K Messages

7 m مضت

I would say that the DLC-100 probably has a resale value of $0 at this point.  You don't have to be gentle with it.  If you've made enough room for a pry bar... 

Yes, you do need to be cognizant of the wall it's mounted on, but you don't care what shape the DLC-100 itself leaves the wall in.

• 

4 Messages

7 m مضت

I'll try it with a pry bar after I buy one later today.  Btw, do you know how many mounting screws are typically used in the installation?  I know I'll have to patch the holes but am just wondering what to expect. 

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

7 m مضت

You don't need a pry bar. A flat-head screwdriver can be used. Insert it in the small slot to the right of the security screw and press down to release the front panel. 

Also, have you tried sliding the entire DLC-100 up? They are usually mounted on a mounting plate which has the screws that attach to the wall.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

7 m مضت

I ended up using the pry bar to open it up and removed the mounting screws to take it off the wall.  Thanks again to you both. 

• 

3 Messages

3 m مضت

Hello, I am AT&T retired and recently I cancel the migration from Digital Life to Brinks. 

At other day of cancel my key pad was flashing and show "software update in progress " there are not communication with the control panel and all sensor and siren.

I performed a reset of the control panel and the key pad start show "Digital Life" but still unresponsive.

I want my system operative without monitoring but everything was delete.

How can I access the control panel and reprogram again?

RWM

• 

67 Messages

3 m مضت

Because of the onerous, multi-year lock-in terms of the Brinks conversion 'offer', I have requested, on several occasions here and via phone, starting more than a year ago, that AT&T instead offer to charge a fair monthly fee and maintain installed, un-converted DigitalLife systems, unmonitored and without human support, for as long as the DigitalLife servers last. Thanks, but I really don't need AT&T assistance other than as above requested.

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

3 m مضت

@RWM  Hello. The contract is due to Brinks Home providing new equipment at 0 charge and for them honoring your current Digital Life monthly rate.  I did respond regarding your request on one of your other posts awhile ago. Unfortunately, that is not an option for the service. The service will be discontinued 9/1, unless a customer has an appt for a Brinks Home installation that runs past that date.

RWM

• 

67 Messages

3 m مضت

Not all equipment is supported, no new equipment is needed, and I am presently on a month to month agreement and I have been for several years. Locking into an unknown for years makes no sense. AT&T is costing itself customers (including cellular) and money ($250/month in our case) by shutting down DigitalLife when it need not so so.

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

3 m مضت

@RWM Am not sure which equipment you are referring to as not being supported? And new equipment is needed for their service. All companies are requiring  contracts unless equipment is purchased outright and self monitored. I can understand your concerns and empathize. The Brinks Home offer is a great offer (I have it now myself) and we wanted to ensure that there was an option for our customers instead of no option.

RWM

• 

67 Messages

3 m مضت

If people have owned, working equipment, they don't need replacement equipment. AT&T is the only one creating a 'no option', though I have suggested one.

RWM

• 

67 Messages

3 m مضت

I bought equipment once. I'm not ever buying equipment again, and I'm not signing up for years to replace perfectly good, working equipment..

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

3 m مضت

@RWM  I understand. The option for you to convert your service is still there for you until 8/31. Unfortunately, this is the only option we have besides the service being cancelled.

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

3 m مضت

@RWM  I'm sorry you feel that way and hope that you reconsider your wireless.  Several months ago I did apply a credit to your account to lower your monthly rate so if you did switch you could keep that rate and I did advise that there is a contract as well as let  you know that these are the only options. The service is being shut down completely. I can completely empathize with you on your feelings, unfortunately there is nothing that can be done. 

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.