Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Nov 14, 2017 1:09 AM

Keypad won't stop beeping

Keypad beeps every few minutes - loudly and annoyingly.  All it says is "Press # -Silence", with no indication just what it is I'm silencing.  After silencing, it comes back in an hour or so.  Looked on the app, and don't see any alerts as was suggested by another post on this forum.  Got into a support chat, but the rep was no help.  About ready to rip this out and throw it in the trash. 

Responses

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.5K Messages

3 years ago

@whatsitmat-ter That does sound frustrating. I can help with that.Can you please private message me your name, address, call back # and account # (if you have it)? I will take a look at your account and see what is going on with your keypad.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Most questions are answered by the employee contributor asking homeowners to send PM with info. Yes, this keeps personal information private (which is good), but it does nothing to help others who may be experiencing the same issue. We disconnected our entire system due to the annoying beeping. I recently replaced all the sensor batteries and rebooted with the hope of making the annoying beep go away. It did not work. The only message on my keypad is "Press # - Silence" similar to what was mentioned above. If you found a solution, please share. I don't want or need your name, account # etc... just looking to make the annoying beep go away without having to unplug/disable the entire system. 

j.holmes

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

2 years ago

@dana_carter

It could be a number of things from the need to replace the battery to the possibility that AT&T has finally permanently disconnected the system and the devices are attempting to communicate with the DLC unsuccessfully.  Sadly, AT&T's system is proprietary and there isn't many options for continuing to utilize the system w/out subscribing to AT&T service.  

• 

1 Message

I moved into a rental that had 4 old alarm systems in it. I was able to disable the three other 3 but the AT&T system just won’t die. I’m sure that it has not been connected to an account for years so is there any way to drive a stake through its evil heart and make it stop?