Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
JDunker's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Apr 11, 2016 6:08 PM

Keypad upgrade?

Is there more than 1 keypad option?

We had it all installed yesterday and I am a bit disappointed with the little plastic keypad. The sharp little beep is annoying. I tried to turn it off- no luck so far. In comparison with the ADT Pulse system, it had a way we could turn the notification on or off. There was also a voice option as well. That was nice because it alerted you to what door was opening. Example: "Fault, back door". Additionally, the same voice would confirm your keypad inputs. Example:"Armed Stay" after you set your system in the evenings, or "Disarmed, ready to arm" when you turned it off. 

bigmac1197

Scholar

• 

194 Messages

6 y ago

That would make toooo much sense to give people what they would really like. Really!
Beep123

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

6 y ago

If you can, cancel your service before he 14 day period because it doesn't get any better. The beep has made my system semi-useless. I have a 5-month-old son, that when i purchased this system I was thinking about. To enable the stay mode would scare the dog and cat and wake up my son. So now I pretty much have to choose between his sleep and safety. If I put the system on stay, then i'm going to be up until NOW (4am) every night or not use the system and wait for a home invasion.

RansZ28

Scholar

• 

323 Messages

6 y ago

I use the app to place system in arm/disarm/instant and there is no loud beep or anything.  I wonder why yours is so loud compared to mine?

Beep123

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

6 y ago

@RansZ28

You use the app and so I assume you're not inside your house when its beeping at 1000 decibles.

When I put the system in 'stay' mode at night, my son wakes up crying and takes several hours to put to sleep again. The cat runs under the bed for an hour and the dog runs and barks around the house. I'm stuck with the system though. So I opt not to use the 'stay' feature for which I bought it for. In CA the only protection we have when we're sleeping is the alarm system for which I cannot use or else I wouldn't sleep at night. 

RansZ28

Scholar

• 

323 Messages

6 y ago

I use it every night when I am in the home and set to instant as well as every morning to disarm it. No crazy loud beep.  

bigmac1197

Scholar

• 

194 Messages

6 y ago

How many keypads do you have?
Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.