Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
alpharock's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Tue, Apr 5, 2016 9:56 PM

Keypad arming and disarming tones too loud

The arming and disarming tones are extremely loud and can't be turned down or off.  Not the keypad button tone which is controllable along with the backlight.  I'm talking the sounds emitted when the system arms and disarms.  When the tech was installing the bedroom keypad I asked how to turn off the arming sound because I had to do the same thing with our last system.  The tech said it couldn't be turned off and that AT&T knows it's a problem.  They tell folks to install the keypad in a hallway to mute the sound into bedrooms.  That's pretty poor.  We have a keypad in the bedroom so we can tell if the system is on or not by the indicator light (if the tablet had an armed indicator light like the keypad, problem solved).  Unfortunately setting the alarm wakes up anyone already asleep.  I've seen entries on this problem dating back over a year and the response was always "thank you for the feedback."  On March 10, 2016 an AT&T rep wrote that the ability to control this sound would be fixed with a update in April 2016.  It can't come too soon.  Can someone tell me what date in April?  

Marinoice

Former Employee

• 

80 Messages

6 y ago

ok so call into care and tell them to turn off your Siren Exit and Entry tones. This option if checked is going to make your siren beep when setting the system for away and as well when you come home and have the delay for your doors. Have them disable this option and then you will be fine.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y ago

He's not talking about that. Only current way is to remove the speaker. Hopefully this April update gives users a second option. 

directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

899 Messages

6 y ago

I too, have been hearing about a "fix" for almost a year... We'll see, but I'm not optimistic ATT can fix this.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y ago

Exactly right.  Not optimistic.  Reps have been posting "help is on the way" for months.  I saw a post from late last year mentioning removing the speaker and the rep chimed in immediately with "Don't do that.  Might damage the system."  The rep actually admitted the loud tone was there on purpose to reduce false alarms from arming/disarming.  March was the first time I saw a rep post a specified timeframe for allowing adjustments (April).  It would be great if they actually answered my question on the date.

Community Support

• 

6.5K Messages

6 y ago

The system update later this month will give added functionality for sounds. The date could fluctuate a little that's why it has not been provided though it will be in April. However, before the update takes place I will create a thread listing all the enhancements you will see.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y ago

Thanks for the reply.  A list of enhancements would be great.  Of course if this issue isn't one of them that would be much less great.

Beep123

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

6 y ago

All I hear is "blah blah blah". I'll believe it when I see it. 

This has been long overdue for many customers. 

How many people are working on this? 1? 2?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.2K Messages

6 y ago

Community Support

• 

6.5K Messages

6 y ago

DO NOT remove your speaker as it voids the warranty on your keypad. Please click the link below to see new functionality to control your keypad sounds.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Devices-General-Information/You-want-control-of-your-keypad-sounds-You-have-it/td-p/4801797

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.2K Messages

6 y ago

Finally...

directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

899 Messages

6 y ago

They added a volume slider, but it just returns to maximum volume... amazing...

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y ago

Good news is they said April and it's April.  Bad news is they didn't enable mute.  Has anyone tested the new control to see if the sound can be lowered enough not to wake light sleepers?

directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

899 Messages

6 y ago

For me, the "fix" doesn't work at all... See my posts in the ATT initiated thread... also the chirps are way loud now. You can turn off or have them too loud. They used to be "just right".
directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

899 Messages

5 y ago

@ATTDigitalLifeCS wrote:

The system update later this month will give added functionality for sounds. The date could fluctuate a little that's why it has not been provided though it will be in April. However, before the update takes place I will create a thread listing all the enhancements you will see.

Hello ATT employee -

Was this the "Big April Update" we were all waiting for?

Disabling the system for a few days doesn't raly count as an 'Update'.

Thanks for the list of all the enhancements you promised....

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.