We Still Have Great Cyber Week Deals: Check out our $5 and under smartphone deals!
The best prices for our Military families

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 4:16 PM

How to unscrew my digital life equipment DLC 200C

I am trying to move and need to remove my Digital Life equipment.  I cancelled my account after having the alarm system for over 3 yrs for which AT&T said that it was no need to return equipment.  So I didn't give it a second thought until now I am moving out of my apartment and need to remove this equipment so I can get back all of my security deposit.  However, I can't seem to find where to find any screws or anything as to where to undo this thing from the wall.

Help me please.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

7K Messages

2 years ago

@2bpositive  Hello. I have attached 3 photos. You will need to twist the screw shown in the first photo 1/4 turn, follow the photos and then on the back plate there will be screws to remove.

Accepted Solution

Constructive

Employee

• 

29.9K Messages

3 months ago

Is there a more specific name for it?

TORX

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hi. I meant to select “like” not “dislike “. Thank you so much for your help with this. 

Community Support

• 

7K Messages

2 years ago

You are more than welcome!

Community Support

• 

7K Messages

2 years ago

@kShep782  Hello. See above for how to remove the DLC 200

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I know the security needs to be loosened. WHAT KIND OF SCREWDRIVER?  I’ve tried several different ended ones without any luck. Please advise. 

Community Support

• 

7K Messages

2 years ago

@kShep782  Hello. I responded on your other post. A very small flathead.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

This was no help at all I need instructions to remove all of the DigitalLife equipment, this was installed in 2014

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

This is not what my equipment looks like, mine was installed in 2014, I need instructions on how to remove all of the equipment from the walls.

Community Support

• 

7K Messages

1 year ago

@Dawnmcalister70 

Good morning,

You most likely have a DLC-100 installed. If your system is no longer monitored by Digital Life, removing your main controller will not cause a false alarm. I do not know which devices you have installed so I will just give you the basics for removal. We do not take responsibility for any damage you may cause while removing your devices.

To remove your DLC-100 main controller, follow these steps:

1. You will need a five-star security screwdriver to remove the screw at the very top left of your DLC-100.
  2. Once you remove this screw you will be able to open the main panel and disconnect your Ethernet cable which goes to your router.
  3. Once your Ethernet cables have been disconnected, you should be able to slide the entire DLC-100 main controller up approximately 1 inch and pull towards yourself.
  4. You will then need to remove the Ethernet cable which you disconnected in step two, from the DLC-100 main controller.
  5. Sit the main controller to the side and you are ready to remove the mounting bracket.
  6. The mounting bracket is secured to the wall with several Phillips head screws. Once you remove the screws you have completed the removal of your DLC-100 main controller.

To remove surface contact sensors, follow these steps:

The surface contact sensors and accompanying magnets should be secured to your doors and/or windows with double-sided tape. On rare occasions, some surface contact sensors may have a small screw to reinforce the mounting of your sensor.

1. To remove the contact sensor cover, insert a small flat-head screwdriver into the small indentations on the side or bottom of the contact sensor and twist to remove the cover.
  2. If there is a screw securing your contact sensor to the surface, simply remove the screw.
  3. Now you should be able to remove the contact sensor from the wall by carefully removing the double-sided tape securing the contact sensors and magnets to the surface.

I hope this information was helpful.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.