Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Sep 29, 2017 12:53 AM

How can I access camera without Digilife subscription?

I recently bought a house and the previous owner left behind the front camera. He mentioned he had AT&T Digilife, and that's where the camera came from. It is a SERCOMM OC432 camera model. Is there any way I can still access what the camera is viewing?

Responses

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

a year ago

Cavan you please give me more information on how to add these cameras to my SmartThings without digital life

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

a year ago

Can you please give me more information on how to add these cameras to my SmartThings without digital life or just have access without digital life

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Similar to other posts - just bought a house - previous owner stopped the AT&T Digital Life - not sure why.   Are new digital life subscriptions available?   Seems odd to have many electric devices hooked up and using electricity, but doing nothing. Will look into the router option.     I do see one ATT device for the network connections on my laptop, but signal is weak, so assume for a neighbor - see another with a strong signal - admin and password did not work - might not be our device.  Should it show up as a network connection on our laptop?

If we tear out the equipment can the wiring be used for similar system - seems a shame if the camera's can't be used.  Are their any consultants around that could help figure this out for people in this situation - must be a bunch of us.

Brand User
ATTDigitalLifeCS

Community Support

• 

5.6K Messages

a year ago

@DenverDave   Hello. If you are interested in activating the Digital Life equipment in your home, I can  assist you with that. I would need you to click on my user name and then click "Send PM" to send me the address so that I can look to see what equipment was installed and then I can provide you with options for activating it. Thank you

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

a year ago

Yes I’m interested in hooking my wireless cameras to my SmartThings

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

how did you get the ip camera's user name and password?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

a year ago

I have sercomm wireless cameras I have WPS button and I'm not sure why this is not connecting and shows up as WPS overlap

What do I need to purchase for this to work?
I have SmartThings echo dot. Amazon. What am I missing?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I bought 7 cameras (200 each) and now that i have canceled my service with u i am no longer able to access them !! U guys are a  [word filter avoidance] rip off  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

Hi Jeffrey! I am having the same issues. How were you able to see the cameras without the Digital Life Service? I tried but have not been able do it.

I bought 7 cameras and I can’t get them to work without Digital Life.

directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

879 Messages

7 months ago

This was answered previously in this thread and others.

To use Digital Life equipment, you must have Digital Life service.

Any other questions?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

You can take the back cover off and hold a paperclip in the reset hole for approx 15 seconds until the green light in the front goes steady green. Then surf to the IP address of the device that is provisioned by your router with DHCP. This is a smart PoE device. You can get a smart PoE switch on Amazon. Or use the PoE/WiFi client adapter that is provided by Digital Life. It can also be powered by a wall adapter. Take of the back cover and you will have access to the coaxial power jack. Either way (PoE or wall wart) will work. Once you have the unit powered up and connected to your network and you have performed a factory reset, the username is administrator and the password is blank. To view the image, surf to the device address in any browser and you will have options to configure and view. Mine is http://192.168.1.77 for example.

You should be able to use these devices with a Raspberry Pi runing MotionEye. But the configuration page on the camera is missing something and I have not gotten it to work yet. I will keep working on it and update once I am successful. It is a standard IP camera, so it should work... I just havent figured out all the settings. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Get started...

Ask a new question