Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
winksx4's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Mar 4, 2016 6:10 PM

Door chime and arming volume too loud

We recently were upgraded to the new keypad (from the original when first launched), and the chime is SO loud. It is causing our cat to freak out every time we open and shut doors, and he's not eating 😞 The old system was just fine to him, but the volume is so much louder. It also wakes up the whole house when disarming or arming (small children...you get the problem?) I found an old post here that said it can be adjusted but that option doesn't seem to be available. We don't want the chime off, just quieter. 

In addition, when setting the Instant option, I don't understand why there needs to be any beeping whatsover, and at a minimum, the volume should be adjustable. When arming the system to away, the volume of the beep is too loud to continue for the arming period. 

I sent a private message but have not gotten a response. I also am guessing other people are wanting this functionality. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 y مضت

I was able to get the chirps lowered by calling into customer service, and also now see that the digital life app on mobile does have this option. Thanks for the help! Everyone here is happier now! 

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

7 y مضت

Hello @winksx4

Please see my response to your PM.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.