RawB87's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, May 4, 2015 7:52 PM

Digital Life Please Stop Chirping!

I just recently had a Digital Life system installed last week and wasn't the one at home while the technician installed it so do not know certain features and functionalities. When I got home that evening, the first thing I noticed was that there is a chirp anytime a door or window is opened that has a sensor. I only care to have this feature strictly when my Digital Life is armed.

When the whole family is home and the system is not armed, I do not wish to hear a chirp everytime someone in the family opens one of the doors or windows that has a sensor. For example, yesterday we had a family barbeque and people kept going back and forth from hanging out in the backyard to going back inside and since there's a sensor on that door all throughout the afternoon we were constantly hearing chirps, which also causes the dog to start backing, so it's started to become an annoyance.

For when the system is not armed, is there any way to turn off the chirp feature associated with opening and closing the windows and doors??

Community Support

• 

6.6K Messages

7 y ago

@RawB87

The system can be configured to not chirp when doors/windows are opened. This feature is either on or off. There is no way to have the system chirp anytime a door/window is opened ONLY when the system is armed. However, when the system is armed the alarm will sound therefore there really isn't a need for chirping at that point.

This system change can only be done on our end. Please share a little more information by clicking here to send Digital Life a private message. In your message please include:

• Your name
  • Account number
  • Address
  • Contact number and the most convenient time to contact you

This change is actually rather simple on our end and does not require that we speak, however we would like to ensure you understand exactly what this change entails before completing it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

Me too

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

That sucks! I want to be able to turn this on/off myself at will. I usually want this feature on, but right now I want to take a nap and my kid keeps going in and out the back door and the chirper is in my bedroom. I logged into the app to try to disable this while I nap and then turn back on later. WHY is this something only you guys can manage? It's in my house; I should be able to manage this! Please add this to your app controls asap! ADP used to have this as the babysitter feature that I could turn off/on at will. 

Community Support

• 

6.6K Messages

5 y ago

We can turn it off and on but you may have the ability to reduce the volume.  If your keypad does not have a door covering the buttons you can adjust the volume on the device itself from within your app. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.