Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
BobbyG123's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Sep 23, 2015 8:25 PM

Digital Life Keypad not working

Has anyone found a solution for this? My keypads both said "AC Power Failure" but otherwise were functioning ok and both showed "online".  Digital Life Tech Support suggested pulling them off the wall and reconnecting them after pulling the batteries.  Now neither of them has any display at all (they are back on the wall) and are both showing offline.  On top of that, the can't send anyone out for 2 weeks!  Any help out there? Thanks!

Employee

• 

415 Messages

7 y مضت

Does your keypad have a flap covering the numbers ?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y مضت

No. It's one of the newer ones.

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

7 y مضت

@BobbyG123

If the keypad shows an AC Power Failure message it means the keypad is either no longer connected to the wall mounting bracket that provides AC power and charges the batteries or has lost power from the outlet. Here are a few simple things you can try:

1. Ensure the keypad is firmly connected to the wall mounting bracket.
  2. Ensure the keypad power adapter is connected to the outlet providing power.
  3. Ensure the power outlet and socket are providing power by plugging another device into it and testing power.

If you've tried all of these and there is still no AC Power it would be best to get a technician out to your home to examine the issue.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y مضت

There is no display at all on either keypad. I've scheduled a technician, but they can't come out for another week. Any other ideas in the meantime? Thanks!

bigmac1197

Scholar

• 

194 Messages

7 y مضت

Did they ever work correctly? Or did this just start for no reason?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y مضت

The breaker was tripped. Not sure why but that solves the issue.

bigmac1197

Scholar

• 

194 Messages

7 y مضت

The old-style keypads didn't need to be plugged in these new ones are nothing but junk

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 y مضت

My keypad has the same issue. Although my installation record indicates that I have a Keypad 2 one of the updated keypads, when I call for support I keep getting told to check the power outlet to the unit. There is no cord that plugs into the power outlet. I think an old keypad was installed. As you can see from the pics. This morning I have no display or power to my keypad. 

The soonest I can get a tech to come out is in 11 days. Any advice?

Connection mount.jpgwiring.jpgkeypad.jpgModel SR-KPD02.jpg

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

7 y مضت

Hello @JohnK123

You have the Keypad 2. The keypad is powered by attaching to the cradle that is connected to the wires coming out of your wall. Those wires should be connected to power (probably an outlet near the keypad). When the keypad is placed on the cradle it is powered as well as the rechargeable batteries are charged. If possible, I recommend checking that the outlet that powers the keypad is working or possibly checking the breaker to ensure your issue is not a power outlet issue.

• 

2 Messages

1 عام مضت

Hello, 

I have the Keypad 2 version also and it is not working properly.  The keypad stays on all the time and the only thing the display shows is Digital Life.  I took the Keypad off the wall and removed the batteries then put the back and pressed the button on the backside the screen says Discovery Started and then it goes away and nothing happens.  Sometimes it says communication error.  When I go to the solution center there is nothing indicating anything is wrong.  Also, the keypad does not show up on the app.  

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

1 عام مضت

@axq9 

It sounds like your keypad has lost pairing with your Digital Life system. This is very rare but fortunately, it should be easily fixed by contacting us at 1-855-288-2727 and pressing option 4.

Let them know exactly what you mentioned in your message (very good info) and they will troubleshoot the issue and attempt to fix it remotely.

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

1 عام مضت

@axq9

It sounds like your keypad has lost pairing with your Digital Life system. This is very rare but fortunately, it should be easily fixed by contacting us at 1-855-288-2727 and pressing option 4.

Let them know exactly what you mentioned in your message (very good info) and they will troubleshoot the issue and attempt to fix it remotely.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.