Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
aelilya's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Mon, Oct 5, 2015 4:55 PM

Digital Life Entry Delay Rapid Beep removed with no notice!

I just wasted an hour on the phone with a rep troubleshooting why the rapid beep is now gone on the entry delay (supposed to beep rapidly the last 10 seconds before alarm sounds) to have her  finally escalate it and be told they DID IT INTENTIONALLY in a recent software update.  

Honestly, I don't even really believe that. But if it is true..... who asked you to do this and were you going to notify your customers and support personnel????  Why won't you do the things your customers are asking you to do instead of breaking things that are actually working?

We've had multiple false alarms are a result.   Also, WHY would you make the exit delay tone/interval identical to the entry? Again, multiple false alarms from children who don't think to read the keypad to see if the system had already armed.  They leave, forgot something, come back in and the keypad tone/interval sounds the same as it did when they stepped out of the house even though it is armed, so why would they think they need to do anything?  I like the "Digital" side of AT&T but you have no idea how to manage security. 😞

Community Support

• 

6.5K Messages

6 y ago

@aelilya

We are always looking to improve the Digital Life experience based on customer feedback. Although this is a change you did not request, please understand we get many requests for possible improvements/enhancements. Our developers take into account the number of requests and nature of the change before making adjustments to how your system functionality. No change is ever done just for the sake of making a change.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 y ago

That is a significant modification to make without notifying either your customers or your support staff.  Reply to that part of my concern, please?

The fact that the customer cannot choose which "feature" they would like (last 10 seconds shorter beep interval vs. not, for example) is indicitive of the biggest flaw in the system design.  Our options are excessively limited overall (tone style, tone intervals, no tone, etc), especially when you consider traditional alarm system/keypad functionality.  Address that part of my concern, please?

Your response was defensive and does not address this specific change in any quantifiable manner (i.e. we received X requests for this change and it was done because....).  Help me understand why this was a reasonable thing to do. That would be helpful.

Community Support

• 

6.5K Messages

6 y ago

@aelilya

I'm sorry you felt my response was defensive. My intent was only to inform you that changes are not made for the sake of changing. Not all may agree with a change, however all changes both big and small are made by our developers after consideration and testing. This change in particular was done at the request of many customers. Keep in mind this forum is not the only information means to receive this type of feedback. We receive many requests for improvements via call.

I can't speak to why the individual you spoke with appears to have not been aware of this change as you stated. However, in the future we will be sure to outline on this forum what changes are made that impact your experience.

Keep in mind just as this change was made by request of the customer, it can be changed back at the customer request. I have forwarded your concerns to our developers to determine if a potential change back is warranted assuming others may want this as well.

Community Support

• 

6.5K Messages

6 y ago

@aelilya

I have done more research thoroughly investigating this issue and as it turns out this feature has NOT been removed. If your system is not beeping faster during the last 10 seconds when ARMING AWAY or disarming after ARMED AWAY please share a little more information by clicking here to send Digital Life a private message. Keep in mind the rapid beeping will NOT be heard when arming STAY or INSTANT. In your message please include:

• Your name
  • Account number
  • Address
  • Contact number

We will look for anything in your system that may be causing this issue.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 y ago

Hello,
The issue is upon entry when the system has been armed away or stay, not exit. It no longer performs in the following manner (excerpt from user’s manual - see below). This has caused us several false alarms, having it go off without warning when it is armed anything other than Instant.

Disarming the System – Entry Delay

When the system is in the Armed-AWAY or Armed-STAY mode and you enter the residence through a designated entry/exit door, the system generates an entry delay timer interval and the keypad begins beeping. The entry delay timer interval allows you to get to the keypad and enter your Alarm Panel PIN before the system sounds an alarm. Initially the keypad beeps slowly during the entry delay timer interval and then chirps fast for the last ten (10) seconds and the LCD displays “Alarm – Enter PIN to Cancel,” as shown:

Marinoice

Former Employee

• 

80 Messages

6 y ago

I hope you found your answer. If you did not, one of your entry devices may not be set correctly on the back end. I hate to tell you this but maybe with different words they might be able to help. You would need to tell care to look at your entry and exit delays flags on a program called DL Direct. On here they can see what devices are used as a entry and exit. These devices can be checked or unchecked. For an example: normally we set front doors, garage doors, and motions are automatically added, to be part of that delay. For some strange reason, one of your contacts or motion may have been unchecked. Care or the local ATT Field managers can access your account and check these issues. Again sorry for the issues.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.