Ask a question
Thu, Jul 27, 2017 4:29 PM
Can you please tell me how to change the passcode. I'm not sure we were given a manual for the door locks. I have manual for the rest of the equipment but not that.
3 years ago
It depends on whether you are talking about the Yale push button or the Yale touchscreen lock. And whether you are talking about changing the master or a secondary code. A secondary code can be added or deleted from the app under the device. The master cannot be changed from the app or website. And per instructions above, if you have the master, you can change from the doorlock. I think the instructions are the same
If you only have 1 code entered, then it would be the master code
@jenniferbenard - Use the gear button instead of the # in this case.
If you know the current master code, then you can change it at the door lock keypad.
1. Enter master pin then press #
2. Enter 1 then #
3. Enter New Master pin then #
4. press * to end program
If you forgot the current master code, you will need to do a factory reset on the lock.
1. Remove battery cover
2. Remove batteries
3. Remove the two screws behind the batteries
4. Remove the screw at the very bottom of the lock.
5. carefully remove the entire back plate
6. press the button on the circuit board just above where the wires are connected
7. Keep holding the button while you replace the batteries.
8. Release button once batteries are in
9. The code is now reset to the default code of 12345678
10. Reassemble the lock and follow the above directions to set a new code.
@Tretiree thank you for the clarification!
@Jfultonpt Have you completed the entire process (all the steps below) to change your master pin and it's still not working?
When I type master code it opens, but when I do the # (or any button), it closes again. So when I then do 1 #, it thinks it's an incorrect code.
@Jfultonpt You may have to perform a factory reset, then update the master pin. The steps are below.
Factory reset on the lock.
10. Reassemble the lock and follow the below directions to set a new code.
What if I don't have a # on my door lock do i just do the battery removal and default setting option? It is a yale lock with no # to enter to do the above instructions.
How can we improve?
No tags available