Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Oct 22, 2016 1:20 PM

can't use Digital Life app on Direct TV

When this app first was installed for Direct TV, Iwas able to use it no problem. Now, if I go to the TV Apps section from Menu on Direct TV and select the Digital Life app, it says loading app and then pops uip a window with an amazingly unhelpful message "Problem Found, Sorry! The issue you are experiencing requires assistance. Please call DIgital Life Support at 855-288-2727. I did that and spend 30 frustrating minutes talking to people that had no idea what I was talking about, they weren't trained to help me with this and bouncing be back and forth between Digital Life support and Direct TV support.This is not on a phone or tablet and is not from the direct TV app on any of these devices. This is me sitting in front of my TV, pressing the menu button, going down to Extras and selecting the AT&T Digital LIfe app. My TV shows connected connected to the internet and I can get weather and other outside info so that is working. I can access my security system remotely using the Digital Life app from mobile devices. Something is broken between the app on the TV and it contacting my security system. Anyone else have this problem? Appreciate any help with this. If you haven't tried this app yet, it accesses your security cameras and allows you to watch them through your TV. Kind of nice.

Responses

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having the same issue with no resolution from Digital Life, Direct TV or AT&T.  A bunch of empty promises and excuses.

mark0p0l0

Employee

• 

43 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having the same issue as well. Sold on DirecTv in store as a digital life big screen solution to view things and I get the same error message. I was told my equipment was too old even though Directv confirmed my genie boxes as latest models and I have the DLC 200. Nobody has a clue. I want this fixed. I wasted over an hour and a half and one digital life rep had no clue that Directv had this option. Get this fixed.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.5K Messages

4 years ago

We can absolutely help you with that!  Please click here to chat with one of our support agents to have a fix applied to your account.  

If you are unable to receive assistance via our support team, please share a little more information by clicking here to send Digital Life a private message. In your message please include:

• Your name
  • Account number
  • Address
  • Contact number
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Cpscott20

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

I’m having the same issue

MunkeyTX

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Was there ever any resolution to this?  I am experiencing the same problem as the original post.

Will a call to customer support fix the problem?

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.5K Messages

3 years ago

Hi @MunkeyTX

Not all accounts are affected so we investigate the issue as it is reported.  Check your inbox for a private message.  Thanks!

MunkeyTX

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

...no private message receved.  Robot surprised

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Has never worked for us and it seems that customer service doesn't care!!

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.5K Messages

3 years ago

@Bristowgal What model of DIRECTV set top box do you have? I want to see if its a compatible model.

Also, is your DIRECTV set top box on the same network as your Digital Life controller?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

The solution is easy. Call customer support and ask them to upgrade the firmware in the "brain" unit. It takes about 45 minutes, then you can see all your items on the DirecTV app including the video feed. After reading these threads for weeks and researching online, I can't believe it was resolved so quickly. Please take note the operator will have no idea what you are talking about and will try to transfer you to DirecTV for troubleshooting. Decline to be transferred and instead insist on the remote firmware upgrade.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Here is the phone number: Digital Life Support at 855-288-2727

iobunny

Scholar

• 

307 Messages

3 years ago

@snowcrashed - which firmware? Direct TV box or DLC?

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.5K Messages

3 years ago

@snowcrashed Is speaking about the firmware upgrade to the Digital Life controller. And yes, the firmware upgrade has been resolving some of the DIRECTV app errors.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

DLC

Employee

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

does directv stb and digital life only have to be on the same network?  or do they also have to be under the same account? my roomate pays the directv bill while i pay the digital life bill.  any answers would be appreciated.

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.5K Messages

3 years ago

The Digital Life and DirecTV STB must share the same WiFi network but they do not have to be billed to the same person.