Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
kthhrrsn

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

Thu, Feb 5, 2015 9:16 PM

Can I add a 2nd Indoor Siren to my DL?

I just had my Digital Life system installed yesterday (got rid of an old GE Simon3 system).  My wife thinks the volume of the entry/exit alerts is too low.  Am I able to use a 2nd Indoor Siren if I purchase it?  I'm thinking about adding one near each door for better sound.  

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

mark0p0l0

Employee

• 

43 Messages

6 years ago

Hello and yes you can use multiple sirens. I personally have two and they work great especially for the same reason of sound volume. They can be self installed but call in to have them put you in test mode before installing so they can detect that new Siren. Also, if you got one of the new gen 2 alarm keypads you can adjust the volume through the app or ZTE tablet. If they installed the alarm panel with the cover covering the keypad ask them to replace it. That is old technology that has been replaced by the new gen 2 versions three months ago.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
kthhrrsn

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

6 years ago

@mark0p0l0 - Thank you very much for your reply!  My system was installed 2 days ago, and they did give me the gen2 keypad with no cover.

I think I will order 2 additional sirens.  I'd like to have one on my 2nd floor as well.  The one installed is surprisingly faint for an alarm system! I don't know what they were thinking!  

I wish there was a way to put the system into discover mode without having to call.  It seems silly to have to call and wait on hold to do something so simple.

Thanks again!

DanUlrich

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

a month ago

I have 3 Sirens installed and working, and talking to support, there is no limit to the number of Sirens you can install.  So that it is nice and loud at several points of entry that I feel are the most likely for a thief could break in when we are not home.

• add the batteries into the new Siren.
  • Plugged it directly into the wall.
  • Called Support to put my system in Discovery Mode.
    • You can also do it from Solution Center they mentioned, but I could not find that option so called.  Total of 5 min on the phone, so easier.
  • Once it is in discovery mode, push the 'learn' button on the side of the Siren.
  • After a few minutes, new Siren showed up on App both iPhone and Website.

Sharing in case others are searching for this information.

Get started...

Ask a new question