Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
A
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

Fri, Mar 3, 2017 8:33 PM

Cameras are Not Recording Video - Not on Motion and Not Manually - Live Feed and Snapshot Work

My cameras suddenly stopped recording video. They will not record video manually as a capture and also will not record video on motion via a program.

Both cameras can still record a shapshot, both on motion via program and via manual capture. Both work as live feeds.

I deleted old files so storage is not a problem. 

I deleted and recreated programs, no help.

I unplugged a camera and plugged it back in to restart - but that does not solve the problem. 

Why would video recording stop working while the live feed and snapshot both work, and everything else in the system seems to work? Not sure what else to try to fix it.\

PK 

Responses

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I to have the same problem.  It sees motion and sends the notification but will not record.  Or maybe it is but is not showing up in the archive or device log.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Just got off chat with AT&T.  Today (3/3/2017) they are woking on the APP.  It seems the camera is recording just not showing up on the app.  So it should be ok soon, but they do not have an ETA.

---

John

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I had same issue. Theif stole ladder off my front porch. Received email notification but no video. Called support and they were aware of the issue. Video was still recording but you couldn't view it. Luckily the video showed up the next day and was able to use to identify the person.
directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

879 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, it sometimes takes days to appear... pretty useless.

Glad you got your ladder back!

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
atarat

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

4 years ago

Same here, camera just stopped recording (or showing on the app).  After deleteing and recreating the snapshot and video programs both don't work.  Most probems are with the APP.  They need to scrap the entire code and start over.

tig1124

Scholar

• 

93 Messages

4 years ago

This happened a couple of weeks ago too. Video archive was offline for about 20 hours, came back for a couple of hours, then went offline at the same exact time that it went off the day before. Repeated this for a couple more days, then it's been fine until yesterday. I think they got hacked and aren't telling us. The app has been crap for camera live feed since my system was installed the end of January. Then it worked good for two weeks and now we have to deal with not being able to see what is causing our cameras to switch on. Pretty worthless. It causes more stress and anxiety than it gives a sense of security. How do we know the monitoring center even receives sensor alerts and will respond? Other posts have said they can't clear an error on their touchpad and when they've sent tests the monitoring center never responded! I think AT&T needs to quit billing us for this service until they can prove their system works!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

This is still a known issue, yet there is no banner or notice whatsoever.  From chat tonight (3/4): "The app is going through maintenance that is causing our customers to not be able to view archived recordings."  That is completely unacceptable that a security system would have a key feature that people rely on to protect their family and belongings out of commission for that long, much less with no formal communication about the issue from the company!  If they couldn't respond to intrusion alarms immediately would they not tell us, either?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Talked last night with a polite and competent rep who confirmed that the upgrade-triggered outage is still going on and there's no ETA for resolution, but he does say that videos should pop up when its fixed.  So stand by and wait; there's nothing else you can do. 

But I agree with the above posters that it would have been nice if AT&T DL had sent out an email, or better yet, put up a banner message on the website/app, admitting they had an outage.  It would have resulted in 1) a lot fewer pissedoff customers whose system isn't working, who don't know why, and can't get answers without a hour or more on hold, and 2) a lot fewer unnecessary calls to their call center from said customers.  They've really flunked basic customer service so badly with this one that it could be a business school case study.  Be proactive and tell your customers what's going on.  It's not like if you try to hide it they won't know there's a problem.  Be upfront and honest, and maybe even throw them a credit for the days that they haven't had the service they're paying for.  It's really not that hard. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I've been an AT&T customer since '05 and very seldom do I complain about my service being down, a charge on my bill that I have a question about, but when I do both CSR and I get through it.  I have to say first of all that I've been happy with ALL  AT&T services that I've been apart of from my cell phones, my cable, internet. Of course with every service you're going to have your minor hiccups here and there and I understand that.   That being said, this is the WORST experience that I've had in the 12 yrs of being of an AT&T customer.  I made the MAJOR mistake of accepting the Bundle Package offered to me (Cell,Directv,Digital Life).  From day 1 (Oct 2016) I have had nothing but problems with the DL system.  From the day that I had the Tech install my system its been nothing but problems and absolute regret for having the Sales Rep talk me into getting this useless system.  The only thing the AT&T Digital Life has never messed up on is BILLING ME!!! OH, you bet that bill is on time without fail, with all charges, all taxes...but never does it have a credit for all the days this system has been offline, not recording, reconnecting...this is a bunch junk.  I have not once received an email, text about the problems or issues that DL are having with the app.  I talked to a CSR and was told the same thing all of you have been told..."we're having a problem with the app".  This was a week ago and still having problems.  I'm so fed up with the problems this system has that I don't care what it costs to get out of my contract.  A friend of mine just had a competitors system installed in his new house and that one blows this one away with all the features it comes with, cameras, LCD touch screen pad, and he pays less than I do.  I can be here all night and to tell you the truth my fingers are numb from pounding on the keys. Get it fixed! Nite All. 

tig1124

Scholar

• 

93 Messages

4 years ago

So which competitor's system did your friend have installed? I'm so sick of dealing with the SSDD that DigitalLife seems to think is appropriate security services for their customers.

I'm dealing with a 97 yo father in the hospital thru all of this mess. So on top of the stress of that AT&T has added the icing on top with their continued failing security system's inability to provide even a modicum of comfort or sense of being protected when I'm away from home dealing with my ailing parents.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Yeah, I'd like to know which competitor your friend has as well.  My contract is up (over two years suffering through them trying to get this service working) and I'd love to move.  (And normally I'd figure that CS would delete any message that touts one of their competitors, but they're so incompetent with everything else customer service related, they're certinaly not proactively reading these forums, much less responding in any useful way.)

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

4 years ago

This issue seems to be fixed for me - I noticed there is a message on the app home screen today that says the app was updated and it includes an update to how the app handles video, so assume the issue was related to an earlier update on 3/3 and that a patch has been deployed to fix it. Videos are appearing correctly and the system as a whole is working as expected.

tig1124

Scholar

• 

93 Messages

4 years ago

Yeah that never lasts long. Worked normal for about 36 hours, now it's back to no recent videos in the archive but still getting notifications that motion was detected. 😡😡😡 it's not fixed!!

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

My cameras live feed is still not working today 3/8/17

I cannot see archive either

I cannot turn alarm on or off from my phone.

how long is this going to take!!!!?

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

If you are unable to operate your system via the app or website https://my-digitallife.att.com  please contact our Support center as soon as possible by either phone or chat so that we may assist.  An agent would also be able to help troubleshoot live feed viewing issues

We are experiencing intermittent but temporary delays for video uploads due to system maintenance.  Your videos should be available in 24 hours. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question