Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
D

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Nov 17, 2020 4:57 AM

Closed

Camera view almost black at night

I had the original cameras that worked fine at night and were easy to see what was going on in the scene. After an update in 2018 the cameras went dark. I have ignored it until recently when they quit working. I just had a tech switch out for new cams and main box. These cameras are supposed to be newer with better optics I was told. These are actually DARKER than the ones before! So basically in two years the technology got worse?? Anyone have this problem or know a fix? All I find on here is the questions and no answer...

Responses

• 

11 Messages

2 months ago

This issue seems to be a bug in software updates as most users complain about it. A new software update will be essential for solving this

Brand User
ATTDigitalLifeCS

Community Support

• 

6.1K Messages

2 months ago

@Derweazel  Hello. My apologies that you are having this issue. I was able to locate your account based off of the email address that you used for the forum. I had one of our technical folks take a look on the  back end and it looks like the LED's for you IR needed to be turned up... he went ahead and turned them all up for  you on your cameras. Should be a better experience now. Would you please let me know? Thank you

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I got ahead of myself and texted a picture to the tech that came out and he said to contact support number. I did and they reset the cameras. This was before i noticed a response on here. Is there a chance i could get you to check them one more time to make sure them resetting the cameras didn't change what you did? I would like to see if that was a solution. @ATTDigitalLifeCS 

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.1K Messages

2 months ago

@Derweazel  Hello. I had them check and still all set with the increased LED setting.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Its not a huge difference but it definitely helped the issue. Thanks!

Get started...

Ask a new question