Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
jenniinla's profile
jenniinla
#1 Star!
10th stratosphere!
The 5th element!

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Thu, Feb 26, 2015 4:18 AM

Broadband light on my DLC is red, again!

Last month I noticed that the broadband light on my DLC was red. After several phone calls with varying information and two tech visits, it was fixed by changing the sim card.  A month later, I noticed the past two evenings, the red light came on again. Last night it went off about 5. Tonight, it is after 8 and still on.....  I live in a major metropolitan area with plenty of cell towers and no issues with my cell signal on my phone. What could be the issue and do I need ANOTHER tech visit?

mark0p0l0

Employee

• 

43 Messages

7 y ago

Hello. What broadband light is red the wireless or wireline? If it's the wireless it's probably your 3G coverage in your area (especially being in a large metropolitan area). I had a huge reception issue at my residence being in the sticks and it wasn't my dlc or my sim card. Since i have ATT wireless I invested in an ATT 3G Microcell (3G signal booster) to increase my coverage. Digital life tech support said that wasn't going to work or be compatible and when the tech came out I was running flawless coverage since then (which is now almost a year having this unit). Digital life tech support team now uses a 3G microcell as a cure if you have ATT wireless service and are having reception issues with your dlc. The only drawback is that no other carriers 3G boosters will work with ATT digital life.
mark0p0l0

Employee

• 

43 Messages

7 y ago

Also if it's a wireline red light that means it's your Internet (you may want to check your Internet or Internet equipment for any issues). The only product that uses broadband Internet the most with Digital Life is the camera package. I have many issues with my Internet speed and I have eight cameras with digital life. I had to heavily increase my broadband Internet speed since my digital life was pulling around 18-20 mbps by itself (which in my eyes is unacceptable and way to much). Hope this helps if no another tech visit would be required.
jenniinla

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

7 y ago

It is the wireless. It was green again this morning by about 5:15 am, but when I got home around 2:30 it is red again. I am hoping it is a temporary problem, because it was all green for 6 months before the first problem, then again for the month since the sim card was replaced....if not, I wonder if the DLC is bad? but only for the wireles??? weird.

jenniinla

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

7 y ago

Is the booster hard to install? will digital life provide one, do you think, if I ask? They wanted to put an ugly antennae on the outside of my house and drill into my house to wire it with big cables to the dlc...but they thought the problem had been resolved prior to doing all of that. Do you have that antennae too?

jenniinla

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

7 y ago

It ihas been red again for over 24 hours....not sure what is going on,

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 y ago

Using a microcell is NOT a good option or one that should be used at all. This is due to the fact the Digital Life system uses the 3G as a primary connection and a wireline broadband as a backup. Now if you use a microcell which works connected to a broadband connection, you are defeating the backup. Meaning if you loose your broadband connection and you are using the microcell, you now have lost all outside communication for the Digital Life system. If one has a Digital Life system with a wireless light going to red, this means the 3G signal is marginal at best. Sure you may have a good wireless signal on your cell phone, but that most likely uses 4G or 4G LTE which is a different radio signal itself. If the 3G signal to the Digital Life system is marginal, either the panel needs to be moved or they will have to install an external 3G antenna so the control panel will see other 3G cell sites and will be able to jump from tower to tower when signal levels change as the day progresses
Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.