LoneStar1981's profile

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Sunday, June 26th, 2016 8:30 PM

Better outdoor cameras.

I was wondering when and if a better outdoor camera was going to come along. The whole point I bought 3 cameras was to be able to get facial features and license plate numbers, not an 16 bit rendering of a face. It seems pointless to charge someone that much for a camera (199 each) if they are useless for a break in. The Infra Red has about an 8 bit resolution. It is not my internet, and all my camera receivers are close to the DLC 200 box. I have had a tech out here as was told thats just how it is. The cameras seem way overpriced considering I can get a 1080 p cam with infra red for about the same price and run everything off of Blue Iris.

directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

913 Messages

7 years ago

I agree - the cameras are near useless.... I didn't know that until I had 6 of them installed...

They're good for letting me know when my trees are blowing in the wind....

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

I am more than likely going to switch to Front Point, Its sad that we pay all of this money and are stuck with sub standard equipment. Seems I will have to pay the ETF and move on. I had high hopes but it seems I should have read more reviews. The rest of the System works well and I have no issues, but the main thing I am worried about (the cameras) seem to fall very short of my expectations.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

No answer or insight from Digital Life customer service? It shocks me that the sales department, customer service, and the techs just do not communicate. I hate calling customer service because i get transfered 3 times, end up spending 2 hours on the phone and nothing gets fixed. No wonder digital life is 29th in the US for their system. The Source:  https://besthomesecuritycompanys.com/company/att-digital-life/

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

I feel for the same thing.  Wanted cameras even bought three more.  Ok during the day totaly usless at night other then seeing headlights.  For what I paid, I could have bought a whole system from a store, and had better cameras.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.