Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Get the myAT&T app
T

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Sep 28, 2020 4:18 PM

WIFI Calling

I cannot enable wifi calling. It tells me I need a valid address. This is a newer subdivision, however it's been over a year, this should have been updated by now! 

Apparently there is an outage in my area and this would have possibly helped us because we have missed 2 important calls that we may have been able to receive if wifi calling was enabled.

Who is able to update that information??

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.5K Messages

1 y ago

I don’t know who can update the 911 database but just use a different address to activate WiFi calling. Use any address that works,it doesn’t have to be your address.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

15.9K Messages

1 y ago

The Locational Database that AT&T uses has had issues off and on for years. They depend, in part, on the local agencies to submit new addresses to the providers that AT&T uses to update their system. New addresses are created all of the time so keeping them up-to-date in a timely manner is difficult.

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

Thanks everyone! I've seen lots of people say just to put the closest address, which is what I will probably do, but God forbid I actually need emergency services. Honestly 911 probably wouldn't be my first call. lol

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

15.9K Messages

1 y ago

@teejayhall You could always put the 10-digit 911 phone number for your area in the phone and speed dial that way. It goes to the same operators that handle the landline 911 calls so your location comes up. The only problem is that if you are out of your area code, the call goes to the closest Highway Patrol, State Trooper, etc's dispatch center.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.