Gift your grad endless possibilities. Celebrate right now and connect them to their brightest future.
Get the myAT&T app
Yukispetals85's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 16th, 2023 1:50 AM

Wi-Fi calling is completely absent from my new (to me) S20.

​I switched from the S9 to the S20 recently. I quickly noticed Wi-Fi calling was nowhere to be found. I have AT&T, same carrier as S9. ​

​It's not grayed out or non-functional, and Samsung clearly lists it as an included feature. ​

​It's not in connections, quick actions, nowhere. ​

​I have seen others mention a new policy of at&t which removes the feature on phones that were not originally sold under att carrier lock. Please confirm whether or not this is true. Removing an essential feature from unlocked devices will not drive sales of carrier locked att phones. They will not regret buying an unlocked phone. They will however, regret ever being a loyal AT&T subscriber. ​

​I hope that this is not correct, and a better explanation will be provided. ​

​Remember, unlocked phone owners CHOSE YOU, they weren't railroaded into sticking with you. They also have a VERY easy path to obtaining service from your competition. ​

ACE - Sage

• 

107.4K Messages

3 months ago

Installing an AT&t SIM card would not permit AT&t to remove a feature that is built into your non carrier branded phone.  If it were grayed out, or you were not able to turn the feature on, I would say that at least you had located it. But if you can't find it, you're looking in the wrong place.

Try using the search bar at the top of the settings application.  

Most of the unlocked phones, S10 series and forward are fully capable of all functions on AT&t and Verizon as well as T-Mobile, including Wi-Fi calling and 5G.  

Service capabilities of unlocked devices https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/pdf/Service-Capabilities-Unlocked-Devices-ATT-Network.pdf

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

3 months ago

This is a customer populated forum only. It is not AT&T Support.

I have an unlocked phone that I purchased directly from the mfr and it works just fine for WiFi calling. Is the exact model of your phone on AT&T’s whitelist?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.