Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Get the myAT&T app
ATTKevin's profile
ATTKevin
#1 Star!
Helpful 1
Supersonic 25!

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

Fri, Jan 6, 2017 11:35 PM

Who Is Calling Me? - Protect Yourself with AT&T Call Protect

Call Protect.png

Hello Community!

I’m excited to announce the latest tool in our family of apps designed to protect you from unwanted (and potentially fraudulent) calls.

Keep reading for more information.

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

100K Messages

5 y مضت

@Fred_F_Stone

Again, I’m using 2 phones, Hiya on one, Call Protect on the other.  Call Protect blocks all spam, robo call and fraud.   Spoofed calls will always ring through.

Hiya almost always rings once, then rejects orvscreens the call.  Despite the wording in settings, it does not allow you to reject calls by area code.  

“I've now switched to Hiya and have enabled "Neighborhood Scam". Also enabled "Send to voicemail".   I’ve been using it on android for months, I see no “neighborhood scam” .   I use send to Voicemail options, of course they never ring that far

By this definition, only verified spammers (robo calls) will be notified on caller id. As this is helpful, it is the spoofing that robo-calls are now using and the application needs to adapt.”   Fraud, spam, telemarketing and a Robo calls are all rejected.   These numbers are constantly changing as contributors/users add to the database.    

Call protect is working at network level, not just on individual devices.  This is one reason I can see this cannot be accommodated.  

Keep in mind up until October 2017 no carrier could legally block any calls.  This is a big 180 in favor of consumers.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y مضت

I keep getting calls upon calls. And they get auto blocked because of potential fraud. BUT the number continue to call like 15/20 times. I’ve tried numerous times to turn off these notifications. And when I leave the settings part and come back, the notification setting is turned on again. How do I turn it off and KEEP it off? 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y مضت

I subscript to the ATT network, but my phone is not an ATT exclusive phone. It works on both ATT and Verizon. Does this mean, my phone is not qualified for this app?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y مضت

Thank you.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 y مضت

Correct, “AT&T Call Protect” only works on AT&T purchased phones. You can use the Hiya app to do similar steps, just not as effective.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y مضت

Like most apps from AT&T this one doesn't work, our company has $2500+ a month phone bill (been with AT&T for 10+ years) and NONE of use can use AT&T Call Protect because we have been told that we have an older plan, so if we want to upgrade our all our plans $$ then it might work. 😞

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

5 y مضت

Call protect isn't based on your plan

ACE - Sage

• 

100K Messages

5 y مضت

@atari3600 wrote:

Like most apps from AT&T this one doesn't work, our company has $2500+ a month phone bill (been with AT&T for 10+ years) and NONE of use can use AT&T Call Protect because we have been told that we have an older plan, so if we want to upgrade our all our plans $$ then it might work. 😞

@atari3600   Who told you?  It doesn’t matter what plan you have unless it’s prepiad.  All postpaid plans with HD voice and enhanced calling can download call Protect and use it.  

Prepaid customers or non ATT phone users can use Hiya.  

I use both as I’m a 2 fisted phone user.  Both work very well.  As of now Hiya is working better than Call Protect to block calls.  They are working on the same database of information, so I don’t know why they aren’t working equally as well.

ikjadoon

Scholar

• 

40 Messages

4 y مضت

One feature I'd love: can we have an option for automatically flagged calls to be denied, too? If the app is strong enough to flag it, I trust it enough to block it.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 y مضت

Alas we learned today the device needs to be bought from AT&T to be eligible...the documentation is incomplete in just listing the models that are supported.  We activated an unlocked Samsung S8+ on our account, downloaded the app, entered the phone number (why doesn't it know the phone number?), got the text message, and then got an error saying our line was ineligible.  Called 611 and only 30 minutes later were told that Call Protect requires the phone be purchased from AT&T.  So the documentation is incomplete.  A lot of work to end up pounding sand!  (Clearly this industry needs more regulation and competition.)  In addition to having better documentation, if the device is ineligible, I can imagine that being confirmed without downloading, installing, and activating.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

4 y مضت

And why does AT&T not feel that Call Protect Plus is part of the basic services that we signed up for?

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

4 y مضت

Fully 100% agree with this!  I am not sure that AT&T cares, especially since they are profiting from the upgraded service, why would they.  Can you say conflict of interest?

ACE - Sage

• 

100K Messages

4 y مضت

@MichaelTheM

@NCSUengnrng

Call protect app was was developed by Hiya, who has an app by the same name and works as well as Call protect.    I have a non ATT android as well as an ATT phone.  There are times I think Hiya works better than Call protect.  

Before you complain, try it....  https://hiya.com

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

4 y مضت

I am absolutely on board for trying anything that cuts down on having 30-50 robo calls per day.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 y مضت

This service shouldn't cost extra.  AT&T is profiting off the annoyance of telemarketers.  That's flat-out wrong.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.