Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Get the myAT&T app
ATTKevin's profile
ATTKevin
#1 Star!
Helpful 1
Supersonic 25!

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

Fri, Jan 6, 2017 11:35 PM

Who Is Calling Me? - Protect Yourself with AT&T Call Protect

Call Protect.png

Hello Community!

I’m excited to announce the latest tool in our family of apps designed to protect you from unwanted (and potentially fraudulent) calls.

Keep reading for more information.

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y مضت

In setting up Call Protect on my new LG G6, I get "your phone is not eligible"?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y مضت

I enter my phone number for the verification pin, and then there is no button to submit it, so there I sit, unable to leave the verification screen. Any help, please?

Jones93741

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 y مضت

How do I enable Call Protect from the MyAT&T website?  The FAQ says this is possible, but I can't seem to find this option.  https://www.att.com/offers/call-protect.html  

ACE - Sage

• 

100.3K Messages

5 y مضت

I have an update thanks to another user using a creative hack.  Not only has the app gotten easier to use, no longer requires a user name for each number and account, but the service can be activated with a qualifying phone, then a non qualifying phone put in its place. Edit, phone must be HD voice capable. Non ATT phones still do not work
Since the app claims to work on the network level, it should work even though my phone is not HD voice compatible with Att.  Used a Samsung GS7 to activate.  Will test and report back.
https://forums.att.com/t5/Device-Features/Call-Protect-for-Non-Supported-Devices/m-p/5190306#M14292

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 y مضت

Why isn't this built into our phones options like caller id or call forwarding?

ACE - Sage

• 

100.3K Messages

5 y مضت

@executive

Neither Call forward or caller ID are automatic either.  Caller ID used to be a paid service, only activated if you choose.

It has to be a choice.  It is capable of inadvertently blocking numbers you might want to call through.

the service is available if you add the app and agree to the terms.  It verifies your number.  

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 y مضت

I've had this app on my iPhone SE for several months and it works fairly well, but there doesn't seem to be much info available on it; for instance today a friend (on my contacts list) called and there seems to be an option in Call Protect called "Save as contact" which I assume would cause Call Protect to show that number as a friend in future calls. Problem is, I tap on that option "Save as contact" and NOTHING HAPPENS.  It does not save it as anything, and in fact it usually tries to call the number, which of course is not what I'm after.  Is this some option which is not fully implemented, or what?  A more pressing problem is that the app almost never actually seems to detect (and block) a call which, in fact, is genuinely a spam/robocall. Of course, I can (and do) block it manually but the app only saves it as "blocked" for 30 days--ridiculous!  Does AT&T think that the spam number will somehow become a good, trustworthy number after 30 days?  And, if I have to manually block numbers, then the question is, why even use Call Protect--the iPhone already has a built-in "block" feature which is easier to use, and is permanent, instead of limited to 30 days. Would appreciate any comments or suggestions on these matters, thank you in advance!

Joe-Blow

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

5 y مضت

Read the fine print in the TOS. You just gave AT&T access to your contact list, and also a private company. Regardless of good intentions, they are not responsible if they get hacked, even if they are totally negligent.
Second point is these lists will no longer work except for a small number of calls. These scammers are posting phoney numbers. You will notice that most of your calls are local numbers. Often, they end up being a private number that appears.
There is a way to determine if the call is from a legitimate base. That is where the phone company pings the number that is calling. The response time should be in a few milliseconds. A ping can tell the originator if the call is actually coming from that number.
 If the call is coming from that number then the receiver can decide if it is a telemarketer or not and complain to the government. The ping will eliminate spoofed calls. Having a real phone number allows the government to go after those in America.
Adding apps to report spoofed numbers is silly. The spoofed numbers just change the displayed name every call.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.3K Messages

5 y مضت

I signed for Call Protect on an ATT phone, but then moved to a non ATT phone.  It took a couple days to kick in, then worked great for a while.  

Now it's flagging calls, but not blocking them.  The app looks different, so I'm convinced an update screwed It up. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 y مضت

I downloaded the new Call Protect app and it asked for my number, then gave me a pin which I input, then the next screen I see is this one. It won't do anything else and didn't give me any kind of explanation why. Can you help me? Well shoot it won't let me paste screen shot. All it is, is a blank white screen with the Call Protect emblem and the words "Call Protect" then at bottom it says; "Powered by Hiya". I'm confused! Is it installed correctly and is this what I'm suppose to see? HELP!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y مضت

I downloaded the app, verified the cell number with the pin I received.  My line is NOT AVAILABLE for Call Protect thru AT&T!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y مضت

Call Protect keeps saying “invalid phone, please enter a valid phone number” when I try to manually enter a phone number to block. 

Please help!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 y مضت

my pone comes up and says I am not eligible

maybe  ID compatibility

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y مضت

I do not wish to resubscribe.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.3K Messages

5 y مضت

Call protect requires an iPhone or android with VoLTE which means a postpaid Account.  

If you are prepaid or have a non ATT android phone Hiya is an app by the same developer and I use it on my Non ATT android.  Works very well.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.