Gift your grad endless possibilities. Celebrate right now and connect them to their brightest future.
Get the myAT&T app
aimcorep's profile

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, September 14th, 2022 10:45 PM

Visual Voicemail

Why does ATT continue to run customers in circles trying to set up Visual Voicemail? One thing that should be very clear. The Samsung S22 Ultra IS capable of visual voicemail. It is AT&T that does not support it on the S22U. They insinuate it is a problem with the phone, it is not.

I spent hours going in circles with your tech people and the last one finally confessed that it is an issue that AT&T does not want to address. This was back when the S22U was newly introduced. It looks like the same issue still exists, if I am wrong, show me and I will retract my statement happily!

In the interim, you continue to lie to customers, insinuating it is the phone that is not capable. You are wrong, a coworker on a different network uses his with no issue.

AT&T, fix the problem!

• 

12 Messages

4 months ago

I was never interested in the Transcribe just my voicemail app they wasted hours telling me it must be my phone and they know they don't work with it as mentioned in the original post and i fault them with not being honest nor taking the time to address the issue abs fix it.  I used visual voicemail for 3 years with no odor ever until i switched to at&t the wasted hours of my time for an issue they are all aware they cause not allowing the app to work with their service they should fix. The should tell ppl it's an issue they know they have to fix not estate time resetting and restarting over and over for nothing.  I shouldn't have to download another app to use the factory app on my phone was working great till went to at&t. They don't offer selection even through Samsung themselves At&t you can't buy large storage or any color phone at all but unlocked from factory can get what you want why keep att when you can use factory given features with there controlling service!? The told me it's the unlocked phone not them and the know that's not true so yes they have much fault. In my experience and opinion 

• 

12 Messages

4 months ago

That should say with no issue

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 months ago

you are absolutely correct.  They do this on PURPOSE!  I am for the first time in over 15 years looking at ANYONE else and all they need to do is SUPPORT the stupid $1,000 phone!!! 

• 

14 Messages

4 months ago

Pointing at Samsung is total nonsense. I had transcription at T-Mobile with a locked and an unlocked Samsung phone.

Too bad my company forced me back to the stone age

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 months ago

I blame AT&T 100%.  My S22 actually was working for a few weeks when I first posted after a few hours with the AT&T geniuses.   Now not workin again.

Stupid.  I got to my voicemail faster with a StarTAC flip phone.  Pitiful.

I am feeling very vindictive with my 5 phone lines and 15 years of high priced service.   I have even posted in my Fortune 50 employee benefits section so any of our 160,000 employees who are on AT&T can beware.  

• 

5 Messages

4 months ago

Interesting that no one from the AT&T site has commented on this thread. Some responses have indicated that Visual Voicemail works on their phones, they failed to understand that I am addressing the S22U which is Visual Voicemail capable, just not supported by AT&T. The visual voicemail worked perfectly on my S20 and S21...

• 

14 Messages

4 months ago

My son has a SM-S906U with T-Mobile, and Transcript works just fine.

@AT&T, this is a provider, not a phone problem. Fix it!!!!!!!

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 months ago

Aimcorep : EXACTLY.  I am not even caring about transcription, just the app loading and telling me I have VM???  Its broken and (Edited per community guidelines).   I have to hit the #1 held key to get to the dialed VM and then dial my friggin code and then find out if I have messages?  

Fred Flintstone has a better system?   $1,000 unsupported Samsung 22 phone with AT&T Service who I bought the stupid thing from.

A-holes.

(edited)

• 

12 Messages

4 months ago

You know it's really nice to know I'm not alone in this because I originally had the 22 Ultra but they didn't offer one with a larger storage capability so I returned it and used my unlocked 20 plus still over $1,000 for this phone Xfinity gave me trouble unlocking it but at least with their service I was able to use every single feature without fail I think it is interesting that nobody from AT&T is commented and I also think it's insulting that people will comment and tell you to download something else and use a different phone number and forward your calls in order to use a voicemail app offered by Google why should I do all that when I paid a lot of money for a phone that comes with its own voicemail app that works with any other carrier besides AT&T and yeah they do charge a lot for service so they should care about providing their customers with better treatment than this this issues not being addressed because they don't care because we are not iPhone users and that is what's wrong with the world just because this isn't an iPhone doesn't mean it isn't an amazing worthwhile and expensive phone and we should absolutely be taken care of just as well as any little old iPhone users why should I have to switch to iPhone and give up my Google apps so that AT&T's features can work better and even then how do I know it's accurate they're telling me if I buy a phone from AT&T everything will work yet the first phone was from AT&T and it didn't work as well as it was a bare-bones model without options for me to get what I actually wanted and needed if you're going to spend three years paying off a phone you sure as heck better like it and they should take that into consideration I could spend two years paying off my next phone from Samsung themself unlocked but as long as I keep AT&T service I won't be able to use my visual voicemail and that's a big deal for me cuz it's something I've been using for years on the phone I have now the 20 plus and I never had a problem before AT&T SIM card got stuck into my phone they are literally blocking me from allowing call log access and if they cared enough their tech support would look into this because I specified to them the only problem that is stopping it from working is that I'm not allowed to give call log access so something in their system is taking away my ability to give permission to my own app in my phone that is not okay an AT&T should definitely care about this because they will lose Samsung customers I already want to leave them and I haven't had their service for a whole month yet

• 

14 Messages

4 months ago

My experience with AT&T is not very satisfying. With fundamental capabilities missing, I am losing productivity. A Google phone number option is not possible due to company security policies. I can only say that T-Mobile with their local customer service is my preference, working flawless and no issues like that. This is why I will definitely keep my personal plan there. AT&T is just a corporate necessary evil that I will have to accept for a few years

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.