Get the myAT&T app
KristofIL's profile

• 

12 Messages

Wednesday, February 9th, 2022 6:41 PM

Visual voicemail not working

I have samsung galaxy S21 5G . Since we switched to AT&T I cannot use the visual voicemail. I got the phone from them. I spend over 2 hours on the phone with support and they couldn't fix it. I can call my voicemail by dialing 1 and check messages but not on the Visual Voicemail app. I get a notification if someone leaves me a voicemail that says "Visual Voicemail. Select to sign in" When I click on it, it takes me to the app and there is nothing there. If I click to refresh it says my mailbox has been locked. Anyone else experience same problem? I would like to download specific voicemail to my phone but I can't if this stupid app won't work. 

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I was able to get mine to work by resetting my password from the at&t website and changing it to the new one in my visual voicemail app that comes with my S21. My previous pin was less than 7 digits which makes me think that it might've caused some issues. 

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I was able to get mine to work by resetting my password from the at&t website and changing it to the new one in my visual voicemail app that comes with my S21. My previous pin was less than 7 digits which makes me think that it might've caused some issues. 

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Chris283928.  Thank you for sharing.  This worked for me.  The app claims it requires a 7-12 digit pin.

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I had the same problem and ended up having to clear all data from the app and then setting it back up. you do not loose any voicemails during this process as long as they are still in the mailbox.

1. Open Settings

2. Open Apps

3. Open Visual Voicemail

4. Select Storage

5. Clear Data and Cache

6. Go Back to Home Screen

7. Open Visual Voicemail App

8. Set Up Visual Voicemail

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

Unfortunately that did not work for me. That prompted me to call and successfully connect to my VM from the VVM app. I did that. The app then refreshes to say "the app hasn't received setup information." Crummy AT&T.

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Here is the solution that actually worked for me.

Go to Settings > Apps > Visual Voicemail. Click Force stop. (This was important!)

Then click on Storage. Do Clear cache and then Clear data.

Then go back to Home. Open Visual Voicemail. It will then go through its setup and ask for the permissions it needs.

Once I did all that, Visual Voicemail starting working again!

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

THANK YOU! I tried this step-by-step and it seems to be working, so far, so good.

Amazing, all this input from affected users who don't get a cent from ATT. Users helping users, but no help, and no interest from ATT.

AT&T net worth as of February 10, 2023 is $135.91B. That's "B" as in "BILLIONS"!

Billions.

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

That's awesome! Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. An AT&T rep told me the solution was to uninstall then reinstall the visual voicemail app. Then I had to discover on my own, after uninstalling, that visual voicemail doesn't show up in the Play Store because it can tell I'm on an S21 and the app isn't valid for an S21...found it on the app store on my laptop, emailed myself the link, opened the link on my phone, "Error; This app is not compatible with this model."

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Anonymou, At least that explains why I can't find it on the app store anymore

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

Pudder yup...the Play Store reads your phone model and only shows results that are compatible with your phone. The standard Android Visual Voicemail is not compatible with one of the most popular phones, a Galaxy S21, if it has an AT&T SIM. Sure am glad that an AT&T rep is the one who instructed me to uninstall it without realizing I would never be able to reinstall it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.