Get the myAT&T app
KristofIL's profile

• 

12 Messages

Wednesday, February 9th, 2022 6:41 PM

Visual voicemail not working

I have samsung galaxy S21 5G . Since we switched to AT&T I cannot use the visual voicemail. I got the phone from them. I spend over 2 hours on the phone with support and they couldn't fix it. I can call my voicemail by dialing 1 and check messages but not on the Visual Voicemail app. I get a notification if someone leaves me a voicemail that says "Visual Voicemail. Select to sign in" When I click on it, it takes me to the app and there is nothing there. If I click to refresh it says my mailbox has been locked. Anyone else experience same problem? I would like to download specific voicemail to my phone but I can't if this stupid app won't work. 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Visual Voicemail starts and stops. When I select a message, sometimes it stays open, and sometimes it closes. IF the message stays open and I click speaker, sometimes it closes. IF the message begins to play, sometimes it stops. IF I have to restart it, sometimes it closes.

I have tried Force Stop and Reset.

Is this normal behavior for ATT Visual Voicemail? Is there anything else I can do to fix it?

Thank you.

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

It's because AT&T's VVM app isn't compatible with Galaxy, so the Play Store won't even show it in results, if you're on a Galaxy. Yet AT&T has their service locked down so the built-in Samsung app isn't allowed to retrieve your VMs, either. So it's 2022 and AT&T forces owners of the second most popular phone model in the world to call in, enter pass codes, listen through voice menus and make selections, and listen through all messages one at a time from newest to oldest...like it's 1990. Even when you buy your Galaxy from them, like when I bought my S21 from them, they won't tell you that it's incompatible with Manu of their own, very antiquated, services.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Wow.  I just went to the play store on the computer and sure enough... not available for any of my devices.  The competitor's app is though.. hmmm..  This is DUMB at&t!!

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

I've been having the same start/stop, open/close problems. Spoke with ATT Tech support and got the same instructions as above, no help. The non-compatible app theory makes perfect sense to me, but why ATT and Samsung allow it does not. Poor customer service and design for the number 1 phone manufacturer and service provider, but what else is new?

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

Yup I've spoken with 6 reps over the last 3 weeks and none knew that their VMM app was incompatible with Galaxy. The way I figured it out was...

1. Search the Play Store. It doesn't show up.

2. Go to the Play Store on my laptop and search for it. It comes up.

3. Copy the link to the app in the Play Store and email it to myself.

4. Open the email from my phone and click the link. It opens the app in the Play Store with no download/install button, and a large red error message "your device is not compatible with this app."

Absolutely pathetic.

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

@lmorrow45 I don't remember where exactly I download it but I still have the APK on my phone if you want it.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Im currently having the same issue and have done the above steps on my S22 Ultra...all of this happened after the lastest update from Samsung

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I found the apk on apkmirror.com?!?  Seems to work pretty well.. Hopefully that's a safe site...

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

And so that's it? No comments from ATT, no solutions? So I (we) have a mobile phone with mobile phone service from ATT and NO VOICEMAIL?? That seems a little useless. What are the alternatives ATT?

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

@Rinkrat2020 They don't care. I told them that I'd wasted a lot of hours in chat and on the phone with them. That none of them had a solution. They didn't even know what the issue was - I had to explain it to them. And that their service is too expensive for such bad customer service, technical knowledge, and insufficient applications. I told them I'd likely just look for a cheaper competitor who could offer this and many of the other services AT&T is incapable of providing. The manager's response? "Got it." They truly don't care.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.