Get the myAT&T app
scubus's profile

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, December 25th, 2020 1:05 PM

Visual Voicemail Not Working - One+

I recently purchased a new One+ phone.  I cannot get Visual Voicemail to work.  I do not have a VV tab in the dialer and when I download AT&T's VV app, it just "spins" and never connects.

Phone is running Android 11.

How do I fix this issue?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

In order to use Visual Voicemail you will have to download AT&T Visual Voicemail app for cellular devices.  

You won't get transcription. 

The app is not compatible with all phones. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks, but I have downloaded the app and it will not work - it just "spins" and then proclaims it can't connect with my voicemail.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

Are you sure you have downloaded the correct application?

And note disclaimer:

"Requirements: 
• A supported Android smartphone. Note: Non-AT&T variant smartphones may not be compatible. 
• AT&T Mobile Share or Unlimited Data Plan that includes Visual Voicemail" 

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

That is the one I have downloaded, and the OnePlus 8T is listed by AT&T as compatible.  I can't possibly be the only person using a OnePlus.

I am going to call - not sure if it is because it is on my business account, but if it is, I'm going to be forced to move to another provider where we can use the phones we chose.  Hopefully not, we have been with AT&T for well over a decade.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for your help!

:)

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

Most certainly not the only - I had the 5t and 6t on AT&T.  Moved to Verizon and bought a 7t.

AT&T isn't showing a whole lot of interest in supporting phones that it did not sell, unless we're talking Samsung or Iphone of course.   Outliers like 1+ have been getting the shaft for years. 

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Problem solved.

This probably would have solved the issue with the 6T as well I was told.  Someone just didn't feel like supporting a non-ATT phone.

Anyway, the solution was to have them go in and manually enter the EMEI number in their system for the phone, restart the phone, and use the ATT VV app.  Before, their system was still showing an iPhone and after it is showing a OnePlus 8T.

Hopefully that helps someone else.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.