Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Get the myAT&T app
jdstout's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 11:53 AM

Visual voicemail app is not transcribing messages after phone upgrade

We have a Galaxy S4 that we recently upgraded to a Galaxy S9+. The S4 visual voicemail would transcribe voicemails to text. According to AT&T (https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1009172/) this should be working on the new phone but it doesn't work. The Transcribe option is not available on settings. I have been on chat and phone calls with several support technicians who kept resetting my voicemail and then supposedly escalated to the next level of support. I received a text that the problem had been resolved but it isn't. I also have this problem on my Galaxy S6 Active. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I have the EXACT same problem  How hard is this for them to understand? It's simply not in visual voicemail settings. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Same phone, same issue. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Galaxy s9,  no transcripts of voice mail.  So dissatisfied.  Older galaxy models had no problem.  Att rep told me it would work.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Hi,  I have the same issue with my Note 9.  I had a Note 5 and upgraded.  I had the voicemail to text option with the Note 5.  Note 9 does not have the option.... yet.  I have went through several techs, the local store manager and with a couple of "supervisors" on chat.  I was told that AT&T is aware of the issue and is working on a solution.  I even went to the Samsung site.  I was told by Samsung to return the Note 9 back to AT&T and go with a different carrier since only AT&T have this issue with the Note 9, all the other carriers have the voicemail to text option with the Note 9.  My question is, what is the next step.  When I went back to the AT&T store and explained my issue, the manager at this store kind of smirked and said it was too late to turn my phone in.  Am I the only one waiting for AT&T to come up with a solution?  How will I know if a solution is available?  Who will contact me?  I wonder if the upper echelon of AT&T know about this issue.  AND, if they know about this issue, why would they allow the sale of phones that are not able to perform as advertised?   Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same issue with the note9, and I was adamant about having this service.  When will this be an option again? What is the point to have the best phone when older ones have the better option? I am beyond frustrated as I have resorted to paying for an outside voicemail app to transcribe for me since it is essential for my lifestyle and business. It is over 8.00 a month for something that used to be free and yet I have the best plan with at and t...I would love to know what it will take for them to fix this?!?!!!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Hi,

I am still waiting for AT&T to find a solution to the Note 9 Voicemail to text issue.  I have been waiting since August 2018.  I have been played by the Chat folks and techs until I am tired of playing.   They even offered the email address / phone numbers of organizations that would do this service but I, like you, think it unfair to have such a hi tech phone and have to pay a 3rd party source for this service.  I think this is a tactic used by AT&T.  Samsung will not help either.  They say it is a carrier issue, not a Samsung issue.  And, here comes the Galaxy 10 soon..... without fixing this issue with the Note 9.  I am not a happy camper.  If you find a solution, please let us (all the other Note 9 users) know. 
 Thank you for your input.  Does AT&T really respond to these comments or is it a computer generated response from them?

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

ATT needs to resolve this problem. They lie to customers about visual
voicemail and when we find out, it's too late.

I would have never switched to ATT if I knew the truth.

ATT should be ashamed at the lies they tell. They don't care about the
customer.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.