Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
Morro's profile

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, April 2nd, 2022 8:31 AM

Unlocking

Hi, 

How do you unlock the device when upon start up it doesn't request a pin or unlock code.

The only message on the screen is that the device cannot be unlocked even though the ESN is clean.

Where to from here ? 

Morro

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

What device? Do you have an unlock code? Normally, you need to insert a SIM card from a different carrier to get the prompt for the code.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Hi,

I'm rocking a Motorola g play 2021. And thanks so much for the suggestion.

I do have a sim from another carrier and the phone was bought from an EBay reseller.

Clean ESN.

The opening screen when powered on asks if u ant to unlock the device, then it goes through a routine then say request to unlock denied ....something like that.

There is no prompt to say put an unlock code here or there.

It's driving me nuts.

Morro

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

2 years ago

phone was bought from an EBay reseller.

Ask your EBay reseller for instructions or tell him you will return the phone.  In the future ensure that the phone listing says its unlocked before you buy a used phone.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Lol, 

I spoke with seller as well as EBay and we all agreed to return the phone. 

Now, this is the hard part. 

To return it nearly cost as much as the phone.

Kind of a hard pill to swallow... Dwl.

So I just decided there and then to make this phone my paper weight.

I know better. Never to buy a locked phone . 

As when you live in another country, it's hard to get the carrier to understand the mistake you've made and out of courtesy allow the unlocking to be done.

If they need proof that the phone is clean, there is a bill of sale as well as reference to eBay to validate the purchase.

Tough to survive when your honest.

The unlocking can be done. Its just a pity that you have to be talking to a machine almost all the time.

I do hope I get someone to hear my cry....live and direct.

Morro

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.