AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Get the myAT&T app
dakota_96's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Mar 4, 2015 6:21 AM

Unlock a Nokia 1020

I purchased a refurbished Lumia 1020 from blinq.com. The phone was refurbished by Optiturn LP. The phone was locked to AT&T and I submitted an online unlock request. I was denied and the resason for it in the email was "You haven’t fulfilled your service contract" I was puzzled by this because I'm not an AT&T customer so I called 800.331.0500. In speaking to the rep, the previous owner of the phone has not yet completed the service contract. He couldn't give me any information about the previous owner or the specific situation nor could he give me any options to remedy the situation. Why do I have the penalty of the contract? The penalty should follow the previous owner. Charge him, send a collection agency, or allow him to fullfill his contract. Whatever needs to be done on AT&T end on the previous owner. I paid an off contract price for this phone and I do have a receipt. Please help. My wife will be travelling abroad and I need this phone unlocked.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @dakota_96

I’d be happy to help with your device unlock! Any AT&T locked device must meet the eligibility requirements in order to be approved for unlock. As the original owner has yet to complete their service contract, this particular device would not be eligible for unlock. Sale of the device would not affect eligibility. If this device was not listed as AT&T locked by blinq.com, I would recommend contacting their support team for a refund and to return the device.

Thanks,

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.