Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Get the myAT&T app
mcheve01's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 16th, 2015 1:16 PM

"Unknown" in Caller ID when calling from VOIP phone

When anyone calls an AT&T iPhone 5 or lower from our VOIP system,  they get Unknown in the caller ID.  We have tried many things to resolve this.  The only solution is to Turn off the voLTE on the cell phone in order to see the callers phone number,  Does anyone know if there are any other solutions?  We cannot ask all of our customers to call att and get this LTE service taken off of there line just so they can see when we call.  

When is AT&T going to fix this issue?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @mcheve01

I’m sorry to hear that LTE is affecting your Caller ID in this way. I’d be happy to help! This is a known issue for VoLTE and we are actively working on a permanent resolution which does not require turning this feature off. We appreciate your feedback and patience as we work towards this solution.

Thanks,

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Has this issure been resolved yet?

my coworker have the same phone as me Galaxy S5 and his phone sometimes shows the 4 digit extension. the IT department told me that my set up is exactly the same as his set up and i never get the 4 digit extension. so every time someone from work calls my extension my phone shows unknow caller. 

i talked to att and told them to opt my line out fro Volte and add VolteCID instead and that didnt solve the issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.