For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
keithrust's profile

Participant

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 24th, 2015 10:21 PM

Closed

Two numbers, one cell phone

I'm looking at options to consolidate my office and cell phone numbers to a single device, my cell phone.  There's less and less need for a second phone, but I don't want to lose my office number, which has been distributed over so many years.  Is there a way to have, say, a phone number alias, basically have my office number linked to my cell phone number?  I'm not looking for a separate phone plan that does simultaneous ringing (I already have that.)

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

There are a few dual sim phones around. Google voice may be an option.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

I posted a link below.

It may be possible. One of these options may work for you. I have no idea if you actually save money, but it's worth looking into.

http://www.ehow.com/how_8015456_two-phone-numbers-one-phone.html

Participant

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Yep, I've already looked at dual SIMs and other services, like Google Voice, but I'm looking to have AT&T provide this service with any cell phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

AT&T does not provide such a service. The only way to do it, is to keep both phones active and have the one phone set to always forward to the other phone. You can set up condtional and unconditional call forwarding.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

My only thought is to forward from one line to the other. But when you call out from the 2nd line, I don't think it will ever look like your calling from the other number.  

I too would like to have two numbers on one phone. iPhone only though. The line forwarding also doesn't keep contact lists separate.

For me there's no getting around having two phones. At least not today. I keep emailing Apple telling them how wonderful that would be. 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I need the same thing although I will be setting up a new number.  Check out GoDaddy.  They have the option of sending a business number to your cell and it shows you that it is a business call.  $3.99 a mo.  Not sure if this will work for you or not, but it is worth looking into.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Since the old post the Moto G4 and I think G5 have a dual sim phone that is 3G 4G and LTE

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

You can use 'Cloud SIM' app. Its a virtual SIM and lets you have more than one number on your mobile or tablet instantly.

I've tried it and I now have 3 numbers on my iPhone. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

You can use 'Cloud SIM' app. Its a virtual SIM and lets you have more than one number on your mobile or tablet instantly.

I've tried it and I now have 3 numbers on my iPhone. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.