Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Get the myAT&T app
LLRogers58's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Oct 4, 2014 10:45 PM

Trying to find a phone with more included languages. Can anyone help?

I bought a Lumia 920 a little less than a year ago. I've been studying Japanese and wanted a phone that I could use a Japanese display language with. Natively the phone does come with Japanese and many other display languages. However, AT&T decided not to include these languages if you bought the phone from them, which I was unaware of. 

Does anyone have a phone they bought from AT&T that has Japanese as an optional display language? I don't mean just as an optional keyboard. They include a lot of the keyboards, but I'm looking for the actual display language. 

Thank you to anyone who can help me out.

GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

8年前

@LLRogers58 wrote:

I bought a Lumia 920 a little less than a year ago. I've been studying Japanese and wanted a phone that I could use a Japanese display language with. Natively the phone does come with Japanese and many other display languages. However, AT&T decided not to include these languages if you bought the phone from them, which I was unaware of. 

Does anyone have a phone they bought from AT&T that has Japanese as an optional display language? I don't mean just as an optional keyboard. They include a lot of the keyboards, but I'm looking for the actual display language. 

Thank you to anyone who can help me out.

I don't know if you've considered it, but the iPhone appears to have the ability to set the language to one of about 40 different choices.  Japanese is in that list of choices.  This is the primary language of the phone & display, not just the text input keyboard as well.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8年前

I appreciate the reply. You wouldn't happen to know if any of the AT&T Android phones also include Japanese, would you?

GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

8年前

@LLRogers58 wrote:

I appreciate the reply. You wouldn't happen to know if any of the AT&T Android phones also include Japanese, would you?

I'm afraid I only have one Android device and it is a wifi only tablet.  I can't help you there, but I think that Android is much like iOS in that you can chose the language as a prt of the system configuration.  You should be able to go into a store and get your hands on a device to check it's settings to see if it supports what you want.  I would suggest even switching one and trying it before you buy, just to make sure it fits your needs.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8年前

Thanks. Will do.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.