Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Get the myAT&T app
Kjc1076's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 26th, 2017 1:26 AM

Training AT&T

I had a device stolen and paid for warranty service. The rep at ATT said I didn't have coverage. I had to teach her how to search her system which I never used or seen on how to research previous claims using my insurance. I paid monthly and when I needed to use it they would give me no support. They keep bouncing me around and hanging up on me. I suspected that they had no clue what they were doing and brushing me off. Bottom line is I have insurance and they won't honor it. I'm stuck paying for a stolen device and I'm leaving ATT asap!

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

7 years ago

Login to your account and check your line.  If it shows you have paid monthly for Asurion, then your phone is covered for loss.  

ATT does not cover it, Asurion does.  You have to contact Asurion with your ATT account information so they verify you are paying insurance on the phone.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1000580

BTW you don't pay for warranty.  Warranty is from the manufacturer and is free and covers your phone for one year against defects in manufacturing. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Agree 100% but I pay via ATT for Asurion coverage. ATT is the reason why they are having issues with my claim.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

7 years ago

Which is why I said login to your account and look at your actual billing and payments.  

If the phone is being paid for, and used on,  phone line 1234 and there is insurance on line 1234, then you are covered.   If the phone is not on the same line, you are not covered.   This can happen if you cross upgraded at some point.  

If you have Mobile protection pack, claim has to be filed that way.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.