Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Get the myAT&T app
A

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 10th, 2021 12:44 PM

Remote Access to an MR1100

I need to be able to access my MR1100 remotely so people can work on a computer from across the state. I can't seem to figure out how to get the device to work remotely. Any help would be great.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

There is no remote access to the mobile router to my knowledge. What you want is remote access to the computer, not the router. That typically takes the appropriate remote access software running on the computer.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Ok, so I need to connect the hotspot to the computer which then can be remoted in to? The firewall at our place won't allow remote access through the company network, so we got a hotspot to bypass this.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

You connect the computer to the hotspot, not the hotspot to the computer. Should be just a matter of picking the hotspot WiFi.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

3 years ago

An additional step would be to do PORT FORWARDING on the hotspot to forward the port that your remote access software uses through the hotspot to the computer.  For this to work, it means that your hotspot also has to have a unique public IP address, which some routers will set up for you as a result of setting up the PORT FORWARDING.

You could ask your company IT people for help on this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.